Quantcast

dhracer1067 - SCAM ARTIST!!

Sep 6, 2007
Morgantown, WV
Hey guys. I have been on this website for a while now, and how purchased quite a bit of stuff from different people in the classifieds section, and never had a bit of trouble, until dealing with dhracer1067. About 3 weeks ago, I purchased a set of pedals from him in the classifieds section. Communications were great with him until after he received my paypal payment of $38 and said he would ship the pedals out the next day. Since then, 3 weeks ago, I have not heard a word from him, nor have I received the pedals. I have emailed him, pm'd him, even sent him instant messages to the screen name he has posted on his public profile, and he is totally avoiding me. He is online on aim all the time, and my screen name is the same on there as my user name is here, so he knows who it is. Until this morning, I thought I was alone in this scam, until SpasticJack (Mark) pm'd me after seeing a message that I posted in dhracer1067's public profile. He has had the exact same experience with dhracer1067, only he is out $220 for a DT Swiss wheelset that he has not received from dhracer1067. Same deal, great communications until the payment was sent, and then nothing. Both myself and Mark have filed claims with paypal against dhracer1067, but this is ridiculous. Is there any one else out there who has been caught up in this? Does anyone know this kid? Here is what I know about him from his public profile and from talking with Mark. His name is Jason Eaton, he's 18 and lists his address as Cary, North Carolina. He has "sold" several things so far in the classifieds section. Thanks a lot guys, I really wish this did not have to be one of my first real posts here, but Mark and I are looking for some help in getting this resolved.
Thanks a lot,
Lafe Kunkel

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Lafe,
Its Adam give me his address and Ill see if next time im down at the girlfriends I can make a "special" trip to his house. Im not sure when I will be going down there but probably in the next 2 weeks. Anyway let me know
Adam

Gord-O

Chimp
Aug 29, 2009
Crap, I just bought a set of brakes from this guy... Same pattern... great communication and now nothing!

Lets hope this isn't the case. I don't know how he thinks he can get away with this using Paypal. The police will be at his door soon enough.

Not worth throwing your life away for a stupid scam like this. A criminal record stays with you for life.

Keep me posted with what happens with you guys.

In the mean time I will keep my fingers crossed.

Gord

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hmm... Incidentally, I'll be moving to Cary at the end of this week. Please PM me his address.

His email addresses are:
eatons1067@earthlink.net
dhracer1067@yahoo.com

If you plug those into Google, you'll get his memberships on several message boards, both bike and photo related. I don't really have the inclination right now to poke for more information but information trails are inevitable online.

Might want to check out race results and see who, if anyone, sponsors him. If he has sponsors, they'd probably be interested to hear about his shenanigans.

Additionally, he looks pretty young and his post history shows him at around 135 lbs. If he's under 18 and living with his parents, they may be interested to hear about this, or his other illegal activities.

Gord-O

Chimp
Aug 29, 2009
Thank you my man!

As of now, I am going to hang tight and give him the benefit of the doubt. I hope he is going to come through. Great to see that the DH community is stepping up to help out. It's been four days with no reply.

I will wait till tomorrow then take some action.

I will keep you posted. Again Thanks.:thumb:

Gord

Last edited:

Gord-O

Chimp
Aug 29, 2009
Just spoke with him after tracking down his phone number. He indicated the brakes are in the mail. So we will see.

Gord-O

Chimp
Aug 29, 2009
Now I am getting pissed. He said he would send me the tracking number when I spoke with him on the phone. ( I should have taken it over the phone). I will be going ahead with mastercard to get my money back tomorrow.. as I think this will be a long process. If the package does not come, this will be a case of fraud that would be out of my hands. I know the credit card companies don't take these things lightly.. so we will see.

Too bad, I have had nothing but great experiences with the DH community.

Gord-O

Chimp
Aug 29, 2009
Ya, just what I thought. My buddy offered to buy the brakes and dhracer (Jason Eaton) said he still has them for sale.

Do not buy from this guy!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Hmm... Incidentally, I'll be moving to Cary at the end of this week. Please PM me his address.

His email addresses are:
eatons1067@earthlink.net
dhracer1067@yahoo.com

If you plug those into Google, you'll get his memberships on several message boards, both bike and photo related. I don't really have the inclination right now to poke for more information but information trails are inevitable online.

Might want to check out race results and see who, if anyone, sponsors him. If he has sponsors, they'd probably be interested to hear about his shenanigans.

Additionally, he looks pretty young and his post history shows him at around 135 lbs. If he's under 18 and living with his parents, they may be interested to hear about this, or his other illegal activities.
i saw him at the trails in july and he was joking about his house arrest bracelet he had a while back. a few of us mentioned this thread and he said he had no idea what we were talking about.

let me know if this isn't resolved, i'll call his PO and put some heat on him.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
i saw him at the trails in july and he was joking about his house arrest bracelet he had a while back. a few of us mentioned this thread and he said he had no idea what we were talking about.

let me know if this isn't resolved, i'll call his PO and put some heat on him.
Gord-O just PM'd me and said he hasn't heard anything back.

Gord-O

Chimp
Aug 29, 2009
Jeremy, hold off on the "Junk punch" :) for now. I will update this in 5 days. The parts may be on the way as of tonight.

Thanks guys for all your help.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
We ought to start tagging members with "BAD SELLER" custom titles to worn people of users like this.
That's the best idea that I have ever heard on RM.

It would be nice to do a positive rep section for sellers as well with a trusted seller tag. Sort of like Ebay feedback. I don't care how good of a deal I see on ebay, if the feedback is under 95% then I don't bid.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
That's the best idea that I have ever heard on RM.

It would be nice to do a positive rep section for sellers as well with a trusted seller tag. Sort of like Ebay feedback. I don't care how good of a deal I see on ebay, if the feedback is under 95% then I don't bid.
i'll second that idea too. it would be nice to see some sort of trusted seller section.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
They have big red letters saying verified scammer on pinkbike. If they message you it says it after their name, i find it very usefull, however, usually you can tell. "I am very interested in buying your item, i will pay full shipping after you send it to nigeria"

NovatoSCFR

Monkey
Aug 27, 2004
NOVATO CA
He still owes me 135 dollars from two years ago! I keep sending him emails and pm's but get no response. I'm not sure what else I can do to try to get my money back.

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
He just gave Craig (haromtbr) the thumbs up on his FB page the other day. I bought a bar/stem from him a long time ago...luckily it was a c.o.d. deal. I had to go to his house and talk to his mommy to get my parts. Good luck to the rest of you.

Gord-O

Chimp
Aug 29, 2009
Well, I don't believe it, but I just got the parts. Thanks to the info I obtained from fellow riders, I was able to get his phone number. I called and spoke with his mother. (yes, I told on him).

Soon after the conversation with MOM, package was mailed.

I don't know if MANIMAL'S facebook warning had anything to do with the parts being mailed... if it did, thank's Manimal.:thumb:

It is too bad that all this had to take place, but lesson learned..

If anyone else got ripped off, just call his mom. Very nice lady.

Cheers all, and thanks again.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i sent him another fb message 3 days ago telling him to fix the problem and he responded saying that it was shipped and he gave me the tracking #. i think the mom route works best :D