Quantcast

DHS stormtroopers

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If only they had guns to rise against the opression of the federal gvmt.
On Saturday some dude, covered in dyed pepper spray walked up and down the no man’s land between the Police and protestors. He made the following paraphrased soliloquy

We outnumber you

You say we are violent

You say you use batons, pepper spray and flashbangs to protect yourselves

We have been here standing up against this for 4 hours today, none of that will stop us

We can take you down whenever we want

We know who you are

We know where you live

You say we are violent

But we can take you down any time

Everyone here can show up with a bat

Everyone here can throw Molotov cocktails

Most everyone here can show up with a gun

We can take you down any time we want

We don’t because we are not violent

We don’t because that is wrong and we are on the side of being right

We do this because you make us do this to be heard

Listen and we can have peace

I thought it was pretty eloquent and to the point. If people are afraid of these people who can stand and get beaten silly for hours night after night after night, imagine how afraid you should be if they get pushed to the point where they abandon the idea of peace. The idea of civil disobedience is an American tradition. When normal channels fail to work this is what is left. Disobedience is breaking the law by definition but is not lawlessness, people need to really understand the distinction.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i guess dhs stormtroopers will be providing protection......

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Looks like Seattle's goon squad is going home. The political bandstanding that pressure from local politicians is laughable. There is no Federal property near any of the local protests and any action would have been illegal and undefendable.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The narrative that blacks will rise violently started as a means to get the support of poor white southerners during the Civil War. That narrative has become ingrained into American society, despite 200+ years of evidence otherwise.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Seriously. Maybe you should be shooting back.

Seriously mate.... Guns.
Guns are only for scaring or shooting black folk over there man!
You can't use them on the man!
That's totally not what the NRA have trained them for!

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
constitutional right to not be snatched from from the streets by unmarked cops/cars without a warrant/due process, aka kidnapping > right to not wear a mask.

Surprised american media appears to be so cool with that.
I know of ex-presidents sent to jail for that once the term ended.
That was a fairly common practice of dictators in south america.

constitutional right to not be snatched from from the streets by unmarked cops/cars without a warrant/due process, aka kidnapping > right to not wear a mask.

Surprised american media appears to be so cool with that.
I know of ex-presidents sent to jail for that once the term ended.
That was a fairly common practice of dictators in south america.
Dictators sponsored by the United States...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

You'll also remember that the head of the police union there is a biker/harley dwid.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Pretty sure Qanon is going to the be the equivalent of what regan did in the 80s with christians to secure a voting block.

And these are the shitheads that complain about virtue signaling............. "see my mug guys? see it? see it?" :rofl:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Further depression sets in. I spent 25 years enforcing laws, trying to be the good Cop, trying to treat good people well and bad people well, badly. I didn't want to be a Cop, I was a punker kid who ran from them all the time just to see what they would do, and if they could catch me (Never did...)...the Air Force said this job is a good fit, I said okay, lets have some fun...and you'll give me some college $$ along the way, right?

Fast forward more years than I care to admit. I did (almost) all of it. Training, plain clothes, Standardization and Evaluation, Anti and Counter Terror, straight leg patrol, supervisor...yeah, a lot of stuff. Graduated from 3 academies (Civilian and military...) along the way. I learned a lot about that world, loved some of it, hated some of it. The good days were great, the bad days horrible. Along the way I got tired of dealing with good people at bad times and resolved that when I was done, I was done. When I retired I went into the fitness world, and never looked back. Until now.

When I look at the things going on around us, I am sickened and shocked, but not surprised. Use of Force (UoF) protocols are routinely ignored, probably by small, under/non trained individuals who hide behind big badges, credentials and qualified immunity. They are supervised by others who are simply happy to go along to get along, something I was warned about routinely by my training officers way back when. In short, it is piss poor police work. Those protesting police brutality are told from the cradle that they can trust police, that these are the people that they can go to with a problem...yet when they are beaten down, gassed and chased away from their very own neighborhoods and often front porches by those they are told to trust it becomes a vicious cycle that has no end.

I grew up a frustrated and marginalized kid. A have not in a world of haves. Looking back, like many of us, I realize it wasn't as bad as I made it out to be...it was never as bad as it could have been...I was a suburban white kid. Why do those with badges and their overlords continue to make it worse for some of us? The answer is power. Absolute power. And you guys know what they say about absolute power.

I stayed in that world as long as I did because I deluded myself that my contributions mattered, and that the bullies that I hated as a child were being defeated through my efforts. Then I realized that those same bullies were all around me, and were often in charge of me. That sickened me, and left me ashamed and feeling that I wasted much of my life that I can never recover.

There is but one race, the human race...why cant we get along?

///End///

Peace.

Attachments

Further depression sets in. I spent 25 years enforcing laws, trying to be the good Cop, trying to treat good people well and bad people well, badly. I didn't want to be a Cop, I was a punker kid who ran from them all the time just to see what they would do, and if they could catch me (Never did...)...the Air Force said this job is a good fit, I said okay, lets have some fun...and you'll give me some college $$ along the way, right?

Fast forward more years than I care to admit. I did (almost) all of it. Training, plain clothes, Standardization and Evaluation, Anti and Counter Terror, straight leg patrol, supervisor...yeah, a lot of stuff. Graduated from 3 academies (Civilian and military...) along the way. I learned a lot about that world, loved some of it, hated some of it. The good days were great, the bad days horrible. Along the way I got tired of dealing with good people at bad times and resolved that when I was done, I was done. When I retired I went into the fitness world, and never looked back. Until now.

When I look at the things going on around us, I am sickened and shocked, but not surprised. Use of Force (UoF) protocols are routinely ignored, probably by small, under/non trained individuals who hide behind big badges, credentials and qualified immunity. They are supervised by others who are simply happy to go along to get along, something I was warned about routinely by my training officers way back when. In short, it is piss poor police work. Those protesting police brutality are told from the cradle that they can trust police, that these are the people that they can go to with a problem...yet when they are beaten down, gassed and chased away from their very own neighborhoods and often front porches by those they are told to trust it becomes a vicious cycle that has no end.

I grew up a frustrated and marginalized kid. A have not in a world of haves. Looking back, like many of us, I realize it wasn't as bad as I made it out to be...it was never as bad as it could have been...I was a suburban white kid. Why do those with badges and their overlords continue to make it worse for some of us? The answer is power. Absolute power. And you guys know what they say about absolute power.

I stayed in that world as long as I did because I deluded myself that my contributions mattered, and that the bullies that I hated as a child were being defeated through my efforts. Then I realized that those same bullies were all around me, and were often in charge of me. That sickened me, and left me ashamed and feeling that I wasted much of my life that I can never recover.

There is but one race, the human race...why cant we get along?

///End///

Peace.
peace to you also, my friend.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
When the going gets tough......... The tough call Mommy!

View attachment 147802

(Child) Mommy!!!!! Please help!!! All I was doing was vandalizing & throwing bricks, cans & frozen water bottles at police officers because they told us to go home, they are soooooo mean mommy!!!

(Mom) It's okay sweetie, mommy is here to protect you. When we're done tonight you can have a juice box & some gummy snacks. Yes, you'll also receive another participation trophy for being such a brave young man! It's fine with me you have no ambition after 4 years of college, besides playing video games in your room all day at 28 years old. I'm so happy you're going to live with me forever! Mommy will support you! Mommy is so proud!
I would just like to wish a VERY happy birthday to this post.