Quantcast

DHX 5.0 on a Giant DH

Rockin Johny

Chimp
Jan 26, 2002
Ajax, ON
will the DHX 5.0 fit in the shock compartment on the Giant DH? The resevoir area on the DHX looks larger than the RS or Manitou models and just wondered if there was enough clearance on the Giant.

Thanks

John

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I think you would be better off getting a shock with a remote piggyback. It is quite the pain to take that shock out everytime you need to put air in it.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
indeed manitou did not put on the remote resi for clearance issues it was mostly for mud and tuning purposes. maby you could phone up turner and pretend you have a dhr and get the to sell you one of the dhx with the remote resivoir.

Rockin Johny

Chimp
Jan 26, 2002
Ajax, ON
blt2ride said:
I think you would be better off getting a shock with a remote piggyback. It is quite the pain to take that shock out everytime you need to put air in it.
I agree, it is a bit of a pain with the location, but I already have the DHX. But once it is tuned, You really shouldn't have to fool with it too much. But, will it fit?

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
julian_dh said:
indeed manitou did not put on the remote resi for clearance issues it was mostly for mud and tuning purposes. maby you could phone up turner and pretend you have a dhr and get the to sell you one of the dhx with the remote resivoir.
Wrong size though.