Quantcast

DHX AIR isn't the only one!!!

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
Transcend said:
Not to mention manitou had the revolver what, 3 years ago?
what the fvck happened to the revolver?
and im going along with those that dont trust the rocco. fox waited to see that they had a killer shock before they made an air version marzokkie :oink: on the other hand has only had their pros ride the shock and a very small amount of the public and as well as cedric having major suspension problem. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!@!!!!!!!

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
I also heard that he was having problems and ran the dhx instead but who knows, that shock may have been completely different from the retail

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
julian_dh said:
what the fvck happened to the revolver?
and im going along with those that dont trust the rocco. fox waited to see that they had a killer shock before they made an air version marzokkie :oink: on the other hand has only had their pros ride the shock and a very small amount of the public and as well as cedric having major suspension problem. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!@!!!!!!!
This is a proto. They aren't marketing it yet. I would rather see protos now to know that they are working on it then nothing.

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
I recently put a Swinger 4-Way Air on my Heckler and it seems to be a pretty nice shock. I only have a few rides on it and am still playing with the adjustments but it seems to hold up fine on big hits and I am a big boy at about 240lbs all geared up. I bought it as a back up shock.

Soul Rider

Chimp
Mar 18, 2004
Santa Clarita, Ca.
This thread diserves a good wipe...it's got sh1t all over it.

In regards to ROCO and Cedric; CG had problems with 2 shocks this year. His first shock (1st of 5 prototypes) was ridden in Vigo. The tech (engineer with tools not a computer) that assembled the shock forgot to bond the main tube to the reservior body. CG rode it hard for 3 weeks and it started to leak. That was his only shock, so he rode a FOX.
The other shock that "failed" was due to a new frame and worse clearance, he got on it a broke the rebound knob off. That's called a fitment issue not a quality issue. His bikes were prototype too. The frame has been adjusted.

The problems he had in Mont Sainte Anne were again due to his worn out Gemini frame. THe main pivot was so GONE that the shock was the only thing holding the back of the bike on. That's the reason for the chain falling off...and still getting top 15! Come on kids.

After that, I personally built all his shocks, tuned all his shocks, and did QC on all his shocks after they were ridden. I built him 5 shocks for the year, 2 of them were built just for Worlds in Livigno, Italy. If his shock was off the bike, it was to try different shim stacks and to try different configurations...he ended up on a stock set-up. I did all the tuning.
As far as his 4X bike. He was not under contrat for 4X. He had "the option" to run what he wanted. He wanted his bike light. He rode a Lefty and a DHX Air.
His Slopestyle bike used a ROCO 200X50 with a 550# spring, stock valving. If anybody saw the jump he did during the slopestyle in WHistler when he tryed to clear the entire BOX JUMP landing and came up short...it made me smile.
FYI, I have half of our Professional freeriders riding the shock right now...I haven't heard a bad comment yet.

As far as the air shock, believe me if it's not right, it won't be availible. FYI, we make XC too so why wouldn't we make XC shocks?

All the I heard this and I know that on this thread is upsetting, but we all know that opinions are like A-holes....everybodies got one!

FLUSH......