Quantcast

DHX RC4 vs Revox

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
Asked over on MTBR and didn't get much.

This would be for a Legend. I've taken a few bounces on some RC4's and some intrinsic manitous (I don't think they were revox's) and gut feeling told me to go with the Manitou.

Do you guys have any input/comparisons?

Much appreciated.

- pete -

Chimp
Apr 22, 2008
Ran a Revox on my m6 since october 2009 and last week I changed to an RC4. straight away 1st run the bike felt better, it tracked the ground better and felt overall more responsive. I had a whole day shuttling the track and got the shock dialed in. overall i feel the RC4 is a far better shock

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
i vote the RC4 over the revox and pretty much any manitou ever... I have had pretty much every rear shock made, and the fox stuff is by far one of the best... I would also look into avy too though, they are pretty much bomb proof.

ToddMMR

Chimp
Jul 13, 2010
RC4 without a doubt. Very easy to dial in. Super smooth. Every piece of FOX suspension I have ridden work well. That and the fact the FOX truck is at alot of the races they are super helpful and are more than helpful to fix anything that you may have broken. FOX SHOX is the only way to go!

Floor Tom

Monkey
Sep 28, 2009
New Zealand
I honestly don't know much about the revox, but I have been riding a Legend with an RC4 in Whistler for the last few months so can give my thoughs on that if you think they might help.
The Legend is a linear bike, so I found that to get the suspension working well I had to run the RC4 with the bottom out maxxed, or pretty close to maxxed anyway. If you can set the Revox up to be a progressive shock then fine but if you can't then I'd suggest that it may now work as well as an RC4 for this particular bike.

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
I've really liked my Revox's. I've always had good luck with them and no reliability issues in 4 years.

I'm currently completely unsatisfied with my RC4. Granted the shocks were never mounted on the same bike, I would pick the Revox.

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
Thanks for the input!

I've heard the same thing about RC4's being inherently progressive. I'm wondering if I could easily set up an RC4 to feel "lively" and not have that dead over-damped feel.

I've had that impression of Manitou's since every intrinsic shocked bike I tried felt that way. I understand perfectly that DH bikes become different animals when ridden hard in their end stroke and I have no experience with either shocks there.

Leaning towards the Fox since it has more resale value here and is newer w/ more support. But there's still that guy feeling that won't let go of the manitou!