Quantcast

dhx spring

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
No, they are not. Yoiu could use a DHX spring on a Vanilla, but it would rattle around a bit due to it's larger inner diameter. A Vanilla spring will not fit on a DHX.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
1soulrider said:
No, they are not. Yoiu could use a DHX spring on a Vanilla, but it would rattle around a bit due to it's larger inner diameter. A Vanilla spring will not fit on a DHX.
well exept mine does. Go-Ride told me it wouldnt fit either but my particular coil did. I have a feeling that it matters which Vanilla its off of (like RC springs are bigger than the plain and R Vanillas), and perhaps size and rate (mines a 2.8 450# on a 2.75 DHX).

If you are looking to buy a DHX and have an RC, i would buy without spring to save some dough and see if it fits. If it doesnt fit, get a Swinger spring (as I did) as they are way cheaper than the Fox springs.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
zedro said:
well exept mine does. Go-Ride told me it wouldnt fit either but my particular coil did. I have a feeling that it matters which Vanilla its off of (like RC springs are bigger than the plain and R Vanillas), and perhaps size and rate (mines a 2.8 450# on a 2.75 DHX).

If you are looking to buy a DHX and have an RC, i would buy without spring to save some dough and see if it fits. If it doesnt fit, get a Swinger spring (as I did) as they are way cheaper than the Fox springs.
You're kind of right. It depends on shock size too. I just ordered a spring for a vanilla RC 8.5 x 2.5 and was told it's the same spring for a dhx AT THAT SIZE. I know they have different springs at the 9.5 x 3.0 size so there's some crossover somewhere.

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
Interesting. I was comparing a Vanilla R 700x2.0 spring to a DHX 500x2.25 and there is nearly 5mm difference in the inner diameter. I didn't realize the I.D. on different wieght/length springs varied.