Quantcast

- Dia de los muertos -

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

November now. Cool days and chilly nights. The darkness will descend upon us soon, not to lift until the veil of spring reveals itself.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
halloween was a good time. kids were both finally old enough that we made an entire lap around our part of the neighborhood, even if we didn't stop at every house.

our 'hood puts on a halloween parade now, which is a big hit. it starts on the street above us, then ends in the cul de sac around the corner from us with a candy scramble. my son lost his other front tooth on a jolly rancher (for anyone keeping track that was #3 in about 10 days). home for a quick dinner, then the police showed up. turns out they were supposed to be part of the parade (along with the fire truck which was there) and were looking for our neighbor across the street who organized it.

then onto actual trick or treating. it was fun seeing both our kids running house to house. especially since there really wasn't any trick or treating last year. pulled a wagon which held the kids candy and some beers for me. weather was good. tired today. back to the grind. still slept like crap.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
We got 10 kids last night, which was 10 more than I expected. Now I've got a shitload of extra candy (caramel Milky Way, Almond Joy, Rolo, Skittles).
We had 22 kids last night, the last 4 of which could probably buy beer.

Better than the 2 or 3 we had last year, but we think covid is still keeping people at home. Though we didn't live in this neighborhood prior to covid, so who knows. Maybe its just a bunch of old grouchy people that live around here?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
It’s a little over $20, but I am super part time. But I do get family passes for JHMR, Targhee, Snow King, and 80 or so other small resorts.

Also all ski/board/bike gear at cost. It’s a fair deal. I am only obligated to work through Jan 5th or so for all of the perks, so it’s a good gig. But we work a shitload over the holidays.
I don’t do it for the paycheck, really.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Not a lot of kids out last night. I saw 2-3 larger groups, including ours. Most houses on the street were giving out full-size bars. Hannah at one point grabbed 4 full bags of Skittles at the neighbor's, who about died of laughter.

The cold is coming. You can smell it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It hasn't been above freezing since Saturday...
we're finally supposed to get close to freezing this week. might have the first frost.

edit: that reminds me, i need to pick the last of my poblano peppers. and jalapenos. and cherry peppers.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
a crazy-eyed morning to y'all

I added one more layer for my e-bike jaunt in and it was just about right. Now eating some leftover wagyu hybrid bavette at work since that's how I roll

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning monkeys! I had a rough week last week but much feeling better in the head now. My first biopsy is not going to be used by my current urologist. My PSA has gone down from the 120s to 90 in 5 weeks with no intervention. Now I am on cipro with a follow up biopsy on the 9th, if the cipro lowers the PSA below 60 the biopsy will be cancelled as the issue is likely an infection. All good news, in my opinion.

In the meantime... no more coffee ever, no alcohol and no bicycling until after the next blood draw. I have cysto tomorrow; if physical obstructions are not found I'll be able to switch from flomax to boner pills...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Wagyu == Kobe beef but not actually from Kobe
Hybrid == crossed with Angus in this case, so the cow was half-Japanese as I am (probably I am less delicious, though)
Bavette == a lovely cut, fancier name for "flap steak"

this is how mine looked pre-cooking:

I approve of beef! However, perfecting miso soup with crap I can buy locally is my current challenge.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Morning monkeys! I had a rough week last week but much feeling better in the head now. My first biopsy is not going to be used by my current urologist. My PSA has gone down from the 120s to 90 in 5 weeks with no intervention. Now I am on cipro with a follow up biopsy on the 9th, if the cipro lowers the PSA below 60 the biopsy will be cancelled as the issue is likely an infection. All good news, in my opinion.

In the meantime... no more coffee ever, no alcohol and no bicycling until after the next blood draw. I have cysto tomorrow; if physical obstructions are not found I'll be able to switch from flomax to boner pills...
Good news I suppose...

Tough no alcohol seems rather draconian.

If only there was an alternative mind/mood altering drug which was just legalized in the Treasure State ;)

Godspeed on the diagnosis front -- I am still hoping to make it up to the Falls of Greatness, but first hoping to skip out to Big Sur in a week or two to help a buddy replace his /////deck and soak up some sun / beach time.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was handing out candy to the neighborhood kids last night, one little girl who was probably 3 or 4 handed me a pack of Skittles because she wanted to give a piece of candy to each house she visited. That was very sweet of her. I was handing out Skittles myself though so I already had a bunch. Thanks for nothing, kid.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

We bought 300 bags of chips and by 7:30 we had 12 bags of Fritos. We could have gone with 400, but wasn't sure if it would be busy. We used to be the nicest hood in town, but there are more hoods now.

Also found out someone else was doing chips, so the wife is a trend setter. :rofl:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, a four hour shift talking about skis, bikes and boards was EXHAUSTING.
Ihad to come home, eat some leftover cheesecake and fresh rye/everything sourdough, take the puppy for a walk, and get in the hot tub.
The life of a working stiff…