Quantcast

Diablo Domination Course the same as US Open course?

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
I know the race is happening one week prior to the open, kinda curious if they are using the same course? While I'm at it... Someone mentioned that you can't camp in the parking lot. Is this a fact even if you are stealth camping by pitching the tent at the end of the day once everyone has left. Anyone know of decent free places to camp in the immediate area? Or pay places?

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
can't be, they change the course each race.
no way on the camping there. remember diablo "rents" the use of mtn creek. so the parking there isn't theirs anyway.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Camp in a cheap motel. I am sure you can find something off the local highway. Or "car camp" at the local walmart.

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
partsbara said:
ghetto camp anyway mate... don t let the man put ya down :rofl:

my bikes arrive tuesday 16 th :):):):):)
Sweet, that's coming right up. I think I may be car camping with my best friend Coors Light... **** paying for a damn room. The germans may be wankers, but at least you could camp wherever the hell you wanted at the races.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Seriously, don't be a douche and camp at Mtn Creek. If you're gonna poach camping space find somewhere else for it. Don't get Shawn and Diablo in hot water. We had the Creek taken away from us all once before b/c of disrespectful riders. Let's not have repeat performances!

-ska todd

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
usually they run a different course but end it on the same as the lower part of the US Open course with all the berms.

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
Don't worry, I won't be camping at the mountain. I just don't understand the basic philosophy of banning camping at the area. Unless it is purely financial in thinking. Sounds almost "NORBA ish" of them.

ska todd said:
Seriously, don't be a douche and camp at Mtn Creek. If you're gonna poach camping space find somewhere else for it. Don't get Shawn and Diablo in hot water. We had the Creek taken away from us all once before b/c of disrespectful riders. Let's not have repeat performances!

-ska todd

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
sayndesyn said:
Don't worry, I won't be camping at the mountain. I just don't understand the basic philosophy of banning camping at the area. Unless it is purely financial in thinking. Sounds almost "NORBA ish" of them.
It's intrawest. You cannot camp at Whistler or Tremblant in the parking lot either. It opens them up to too many liabilities, as well as the fact that they want you staying in their villages.

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Transcend said:
It's intrawest. You cannot camp at Whistler or Tremblant in the parking lot either. It opens them up to too many liabilities, as well as the fact that they want you staying in their villages.
I'm pretty sure that there was a dirt parking lot at Whistler that they allowed people to camp at. If I recall some people were living there. Then again that was 2 summers ago, things may have changed since.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Metal said:
I'm pretty sure that there was a dirt parking lot at Whistler that they allowed people to camp at. If I recall some people were living there. Then again that was 2 summers ago, things may have changed since.
Pretty sure that has changed. Tremblant went nuts about 3 seasons ago. We always used to camp in the parking lot, and they decided to go mental and kick people out.

When everyone complained they claimed it was a new "intrawest policy". I know a few friends got booted from the main lot at Whistler at Cworx last year, but that may be because they were in the main lot.

Living in the parking lot, classic dirt bag!

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
What's a bum to do these days... :mumble: I should probably sell my soul for a 9-5 and buy a time share.

Metal said:

DS Dom

Monkey
Nov 14, 2001
Denver, Co
sayndesyn said:

It actually has nothing to do with Intrawest, Mountain Creek, or Diablo. It has to do with the zoning laws in vernon. I'm not 100% sure on all the technicalities, but I know the majority of the reason lies behind the township.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
sayndesyn said:
God bless regulations and zoning laws. Without them we'd just be primates.

freakin GOD WARRIOR !!!

doin alright fr-rider... settling in nicely... miss the woman, but thats to be expected... i m goin out there toward the end of june... HHG arrive tuesday... pick up my new (for me anyway) truck on monday... let the shuttle sessions begin...

my beer shipment should be here soon as well :drool:

fr-rider

Monkey
Aug 14, 2004
Albuquerque, NM
partsbara said:
freakin GOD WARRIOR !!!

doin alright fr-rider... settling in nicely... miss the woman, but thats to be expected... i m goin out there toward the end of june... HHG arrive tuesday... pick up my new (for me anyway) truck on monday... let the shuttle sessions begin...

Sounds good.

What kinda truck you getting?

fr-rider

Monkey
Aug 14, 2004
Albuquerque, NM
partsbara said:
freakin GOD WARRIOR !!!

Good to hear your settling in.

What type of truck you getting?

Shuttle seesions are over for us...at least for a while...they recently closed some of the local mountain due to eXtreme fire danger.:angry: