Quantcast

Diablo or Platty for a season pass?

Discussion in 'Downhill & Freeride' started by daisycutter, Apr 6, 2008.

1. daisycutter

daisycutter Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 31
    I am thinking I need to go with Diablo as it is so much closer. I think I like Platty better as the mid summer is just to hot at Diablo. But I love that Diablo is only an hour outside of NYC.

#1 -   Apr 6, 2008

Please register to disable this ad.

2. FOXROX

FOXROX Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    diablo.

#2 -   Apr 6, 2008
  3. jonKranked

jonKranked Press Button, Receive Stupid

Rep/Likes:
    378 / 3,683
    i think you answered your own question. honestly you wouldn't be disappointed with either, just seems like diablo would be more bang for your buck. Which do YOU think you're going to go to more?

Another question... why not get both? I did that one year and they both paid for themselves long before the end of the season.

#3 -   Apr 6, 2008
  4. pinkshirtphotos

pinkshirtphotos site moron

Rep/Likes:
    16 / 46
    are you into big name or mom and pop? do you go to an a+p or a farmers market. if you picked farmers market or mom and pop go to platte if you picked big name then go to diablo.

#4 -   Apr 6, 2008
  5. ska todd

ska todd Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    PSP, that comparison doesn't hold any water. It's not like Diablo has dozens of freeride parks around the country or something. BOTH parks are "mom n pop" in that respect, hell ALL freeride parks are pretty "mom n pop" by comparison to a multinational retailer.

Pick what works for you. For me, Diablo is 2 hours closer so it saves on gas and lodging. It also allows me to spend more time with my kids during the weekend since going to Diablo isn't an overnighter. Plus, Diablo is open M-F and will have a Weds race series this season. All bonus points for MY situation.

-ska todd

#5 -   Apr 6, 2008