Quantcast

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
If they really do as they say they are going to do then we all need to open our wallets and support them!!

As for the season pass holders, even if you have to pay twice you only need to ride there 10 times to break even compared to individual pass price.

I realize it sucks for the people who bought a pass but some of us pay that much in gas and hotel for only two days riding. Let's pick ourselves up dust off the dh bikes and move forward
Agreed. I have to drive 12+ hours to get there, a hotel for two night, plus a two day lift pass = A lot more than a single season pass.

-Brett

Sully

Chimp
Jan 27, 2012
New Hope, PA
So what you are saying we should suck up being ripped off because we live closer than you.
You are out of you're mind.
Stopping this scumbag from scamming/ripping people off should be what this is about.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
So what you are saying we should suck up being ripped off because we live closer than you.
You are out of you're mind.
Stopping this scumbag from scamming/ripping people off should be what this is about.
No im not out of my mind

Mountain creek did not rip you off if they expect us to pay for passes then we should

diablo freeride took your money and now is unable to provide the service you paid for. I never said they should get away with taking your money.

wfoerk

Chimp
Jan 6, 2010
If they really do as they say they are going to do then we all need to open our wallets and support them!!

As for the season pass holders, even if you have to pay twice you only need to ride there 10 times to break even compared to individual pass price.

I realize it sucks for the people who bought a pass but some of us pay that much in gas and hotel for only two days riding. Let's pick ourselves up dust off the dh bikes and move forward
Yeah, it's so easy for you guys that didn't buy a season pass to tell us that did to suck it up and get over it as you spout on and on about the fact that "Diablo ripped you off not Mt. Creek."
What happened to the previously stated opinions that "these guys care about mountain bikers and will do the right thing for you"? It's not the exact quote, but the gist of it was written here after the Mt. Creek announcement was made. Whichever way the wind blows, right?:disgust1:

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
So MC should eat $60,000+ worth of season passes because Diablo ripped you off?

Some people are missing the glaring error in logic here, and possibly living in an alternate reality. And if the people complaining haven't contacted their CC company to dispute/refund yet, then they're either looney, or at least not safe to be riding DH, as they seem to welcome the pain of being ripped off.

<numbers>

Last edited:

Sully

Chimp
Jan 27, 2012
New Hope, PA
All comments made by myself are against Shawn.
I plan on supporting MC fully and am looking forward to the future there.
I do not expect MC to absorb any financial liability due to Shawn being a thief.
It really isn't even the dollar amount to me, it's more the fact of him getting away with it.
Does anyone really know how many passes he pre sold?
I bet it's alot more than 40K.

intensified

Monkey
Mar 31, 2004
Canton,Ma
All comments made by myself are against Shawn.
I plan on supporting MC fully and am looking forward to the future there.
I do not expect MC to absorb any financial liability due to Shawn being a thief.
It really isn't even the dollar amount to me, it's more the fact of him getting away with it.
Does anyone really know how many passes he pre sold?
I bet it's alot more than 40K.
If I couldnt get anywhere with the cc company I would file a small claims case in court. I am shocked nobody hasnt gone and paid him a visit, did he leave the state?

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
MC should take him to court if they value their customers IMO
On what grounds? As Huck just stated, "Mountain creek doesn't have a grievance, they are not being defrauded."

Legally speaking, their case would be tossed out in a hot second no matter how much anyone wants to wish otherwise.

As far as if they really value their customers then they will put forth a terrific service/product in return for your $$ starting on opening day. If they honor passes, then hats off to them, but if not that's entirely fair. Imagine taking a gift certificate for a restaurant that went out of business into the establishment that took its place; you wouldn't and this is no different.

If you bought a pass and are concerned then deal with it with through the appropriate channels. Do something instead of b*tching that Mt Creek should do it for you.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2012
whycough?
You guys really need to stop bitching at MC. For those of you who didnt know Shawn, he was a cynical, narcissistic, evil, conniving fvckhole. Because of his animosity towards Mountain Creek, Shawns goal was to sell as many passes as he could before he announced Diablo's closure with hopes that everyone who bought a pass would demand their money or pass compensation from MC. So pretty much the more you complain, the more Shawn wins. Stop complaining to Mountain Creek because they weren't the ones that sold you the passes. Maybe someone should warn someone from Northstar about bad business practice????

dingo369

Chimp
Feb 12, 2012
nomad
If diablo "Shawn Orecchio " had any class and wasn't a total d-bag,all of the people who purchased 2012 passes would just get a check in the mail no ? asked. END OF STORY. My cc wont issue refund because it has been over 90 days.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
If he is really starting up at North Star I would start emailing them telling them the resort and put pressure on him that way.

Making this the new Mt. Creeks problem seems really unfair and only part of his strategy to move focus away from him and make it difficult for them to do business.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
He is affiliated with northstar, but no longer with bikes, he owns the company "status snowboards" If you try to mention anything on THAT facebook page, he will drop the ban hammer. But yes, he is affiliated with northstar... for now

Pedaldamnit

Chimp
Dec 28, 2011
Vernon NJ
Making this the new Mt. Creeks problem seems really unfair and only part of his strategy to move focus away from him and make it difficult for them to do business.
You couldn't be any more correct. As posted on the Mountain Creek Bike Page:

"It's been approximately 100 hours since Diablo posted the news that we'd terminated their lease for default, and in a deliberate attempt to create expectations and chaos, promised that Mountain Creek will honor all the 2012 Season Passes sold. Specifically the management of Diablo posted: &#8220;&#8230;..Mountain Creek resort has at least agreed to honor all 2012 season passes that have been purchased to date.&#8221;

This is an irresponsible and patently absurd statement by Diablo, so absurd that it has since been removed from the Diablo website and Facebook pages. Diablo sold you a season pass to provide services that they cannot deliver. Diablo has your money, not Mountain Creek."
- MCBP

^What you see there is the truth, plain and simple. The only one at fault and/or to blame is Shawn Orecchio. As MCBP stated, if you contact them, they will do everything in their power to help you get you money back:

"We need you to contact us. We have no roster of 2012 Diablo passholders. This will be a useful starting point in helping us to chase your 2012 Season Pass money. Please include your email for follow-up communications, mailing address and proof of purchase (please include the date). Please send this information to: riders@mountaincreek.com. In the meantime, you may also want to contact Diablo or their ownership directly for a refund, or contact your credit card company to stop payment or request a chargeback for your 2012 Diablo Season Pass." - MCBP

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
^ for what its worth, Me and many others emailed them... no response...

Not saying they arent trying, but an update would be nice

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I have no skin in this game, and I'm not all that familiar with the legal system in the US, but would a class action lawsuit be applicable in this case?

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
Hahahaha I got banned from the Status Snowboards page before I even posted in it.

Shawn if you're reading this don't be mad that I called this years ago and then again at the end of this season. Just because I predicted your fate doesn't mean we can't be friends...I still would like to buy some of Diablo's shovels etc. I've heard they're in great shape because of how little use they saw.

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Hahahaha I got banned from the Status Snowboards page before I even posted in it.

Shawn if you're reading this don't be mad that I called this years ago and then again at the end of this season. Just because I predicted your fate doesn't mean we can't be friends...I still would like to buy some of Diablo's shovels etc. I've heard they're in great shape because of how little use they saw.
The only tool diablo had moved to tahoe

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
What, "must spread rep to Demo9"?!?!?!
that does not compute! it must have been neg rep!
anyway Demo my fine flabby friend, let me know if you wanna ride some XC, I would be down to see those trails named after a shoe company we were speaking about.

Pedaldamnit

Chimp
Dec 28, 2011
Vernon NJ
I still would like to buy some of Diablo's shovels etc. I've heard they're in great shape because of how little use they saw.
Some of us worked very hard to fix what we could when we were allowed to. We had some very hard working people on the trail crew last year, but when you were only allowed to fix what you were told to fix, it made it very difficult to make things right. Last season, even after telling them many times what need to be worked on... the trail work mainly consisted of weed whacking Alpine, IX, and Dominion. Don't worry about massive ruts and washouts... as long as Alpine looked good from the lift and Dominion looked good in pics, trails were in great shape in Shawn's eyes.

Most of you have no idea of how frustrating it is to be right there, on the mt. seeing stuff that you know needed to get repaired, but feared for you job if you touched it. Staging "trail work" pictures for Facebook, that was always good for a laugh, instead of fixing the huge ruts on the mid section of Breakout 11... it was more important to leaf blow Greenhorn everyday and don't forget to get a pic up on the FB page of someone using said leaf blower, cuase that's just what the riders want to see. I could go on for hours guys... you have no idea. I really think all the ex-Diablo crew needs to colab and write a book. Oh man the stories it would have in it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Some of us worked very hard to fix what we could when we were allowed to. We had some very hard working people on the trail crew last year, but when you were only allowed to fix what you were told to fix, it made it very difficult to make things right. Last season, even after telling them many times what need to be worked on... the trail work mainly consisted of weed whacking Alpine, IX, and Dominion. Don't worry about massive ruts and washouts... as long as Alpine looked good from the lift and Dominion looked good in pics, trails were in great shape in Shawn's eyes.

Most of you have no idea of how frustrating it is to be right there, on the mt. seeing stuff that you know needed to get repaired, but feared for you job if you touched it. Staging "trail work" pictures for Facebook, that was always good for a laugh, instead of fixing the huge ruts on the mid section of Breakout 11... it was more important to leaf blow Greenhorn everyday and don't forget to get a pic up on the FB page of someone using said leaf blower, cuase that's just what the riders want to see. I could go on for hours guys... you have no idea. I really think all the ex-Diablo crew needs to colab and write a book. Oh man the stories it would have in it.
chill dude, we know where the fault lies and where to put the blame.

Pedaldamnit

Chimp
Dec 28, 2011
Vernon NJ
chill dude, we know where the fault lies and where to put the blame.
I'm chill, I know people know who's to blame, I am just sharing my first hand experiences... its very funny how every single ex-diablo crew member has the same stories just from different seasons spanning 9 years. I can't wait for the snow to be gone and have a shovel I'm my hands on the mountain, this season is going to be EPIC!
:weee:

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC

As Jon said, we know who to blame.

Feb 12, 2012
whycough?
Pedaldammit remember that time when we rushed to finish the trail work on greenhorn and alpine so that we could go and fix actual problems with The Jack and Twist? Like the 2 foot deeps rut after the rock drop on the jack, good times, goooood times.

Pedaldamnit

Chimp
Dec 28, 2011
Vernon NJ
Pedaldammit remember that time when we rushed to finish the trail work on greenhorn and alpine so that we could go and fix actual problems with The Jack and Twist? Like the 2 foot deeps rut after the rock drop on the jack, good times, goooood times.
I sure do, and that stuff we sneaked off and fixed on The Jack and Twist is still there. We never had to fix those spots again all season. Its amazing what kind of proper trail work you can do when someone is not breathing down your neck.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I sure do, and that stuff we sneaked off and fixed on The Jack and Twist is still there. We never had to fix those spots again all season. Its amazing what kind of proper trail work you can do when someone is not breathing down your neck.
doing rogue trailwork is one thing. but if you were in debt to him, you would've been frozen in carbonite.