Quantcast

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh, you mean the article by everyone's buddy Shaun, the guy everyone loves and reveres? Oh, so now we are to believe that one? As far as this forum goes, quote me where it is definitely stated that season passes will be honored, and that would be in a post after it was stated that Mountain Creek Bike Park will be taking over. Go ahead, pull your rabbit out of the hat.
lets put it this way, if diablo freeride park takes the money and runs, you can hold them legally accountable for theft. they (diablo) charged you (the rider) for service they can no longer provide. if you're that worried about it, call your credit card company and dispute the charge to get your money back.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Oh, you mean the article by everyone's buddy Shaun, the guy everyone loves and reveres? Oh, so now we are to believe that one? As far as this forum goes, quote me where it is definitely stated that season passes will be honored, and that would be in a post after it was stated that Mountain Creek Bike Park will be taking over. Go ahead, pull your rabbit out of the hat.

But then again, I saw this all happen and skipped on the season pass...

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
Thanks everyone! The messages, emails and phone calls of support have been overwhelming and astounding. Thank you very much!
Rumor has it that the resort will attempt to operate what’s left of the bike park. We hope for your sake that they do! The bike community at Diablo was the strongest, tightest knit group of riders in the country and we hope you get to continue to shred the trails that we developed & labored over the last 9 years. Please note that we made every effort to come to an agreement with the current ownership, but their vision of creating a Faux Aspen in New Jersey didn’t jive well with our plans to continue to expand the bike park. Far too many trails were destroyed by the resort and these trails have become classics on the East Coast. Too many excuses were given and too many people were turned off by their poor customer service, expensive lodging and lack of amenities.
For the sake of the riding community, we certainly hope that the resort can step up their game and show more commitment and respect to the community than they did in 2011. As loyal fans of Diablo, you deserve better and your voice needs to be heard. Don’t settle!
Thanks again!

Its funny how he blames everything on Mountain Creek and continues to slander them every chance he gets. Yet most people dont realize his messages are BS because he was the one banning every rider who made constructive ctitism comments on their page. Shawn was the one he ****ed every one over.
The part i bolded made me lol! He was the one who should of been listening. It wasnt creeks job to baby sit
shawn, hes a big boy, he should take care of his own business

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Where did the name diablo come from? Always thought it was dumb.

I have no butthurt but I do miss bacon, it's been a long time. :think:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
What's even funnier is the idea of "Hosting the US Open in Lake Tahoe."
That means Northstar. I see this turning into an epic cluster fvck of Iraq war proportions.

NAYR

Monkey
Jul 13, 2009
Truckee
If this guy really is the antichrist described in this thread, I really hope he keeps his hands off of Northstar. The lack of trail maintenance there is already bad enough, and making the already not great management worse would be a down right disaster.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
im guessing Northstar couldnt handle a "big" event?
northstar could most certainly handle a big event. having ridden both, the only thing diablo has the n* doesn't is proximity to a major metropolitan area. everything else is better - terrain, accomodations, lifts, staff.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i wonder how far this guy will push it before Mtn Creek files a defamation/slander suit and a restraining order against his use of the diablo facebook page as a weapon against mountain creek? I guess technically he may own the diablo business, but since it's a business that leased property from MTN creeek and cannot operate without it, I wonder what legal right he has.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
northstar could most certainly handle a big event. having ridden both, the only thing diablo has the n* doesn't is proximity to a major metropolitan area. everything else is better - terrain, accomodations, lifts, staff.
It's a toss-up as to which park has worse dirt, though.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I guess technically he may own the diablo business, but since it's a business that leased property from MTN creeek and cannot operate without it, I wonder what legal right he has.
its still a separate business entity from M.C. so he can do what he wants with it....live drive it farther in the ground.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
true, but a business cannot tell lies about another business, even if they no longer have dealings...amirite?

this is all turning into something out of a freaking clarissa explains it all episode though. Maybe danny tanner will have to get all up in it.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
I agree with the name just being lame, trying to sound hardcore or fast like the Lambo model (remember when rockshox wanted to call their shock DIablo but settled for Judy?).

I realize the Open gets a lot top pros - or used too- but so does windham and I don't think they got the turn-out the Open did. My point is no matter where the Open is, I think that weekend is BIG MONEY for any mountain who wants to host a 3 day event on the east coast, closer to NY CITY the betters. California seems to have tNO shortage of races, but the east coast does and after winter season most downhillers are chompin' at the bit. Shawn was smart enough to recognize fact, so IMO who cares who gets the OPEN if it's not an east coast gig, there is still a HUGE ride/race vacuum to be filled that weekend east coast-wise.

I'm kind of excited to see who is going to run w/that weekend out here. MC will probably just run w/it under a different name or them. Maybe a good weekend to have a slopestyle contest, especially with a bag to play with. Shawn was never able to make a slopestyle contest.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I agree with the name just being lame, trying to sound hardcore or fast like the Lambo model (remember when rockshox wanted to call their shock DIablo but settled for Judy?).

I realize the Open gets a lot top pros - or used too- but so does windham and I don't think they got the turn-out the Open did. My point is no matter where the Open is, I think that weekend is BIG MONEY for any mountain who wants to host a 3 day event on the east coast, closer to NY CITY the betters. California seems to have tNO shortage of races, but the east coast does and after winter season most downhillers are chompin' at the bit. Shawn was smart enough to recognize fact, so IMO who cares who gets the OPEN if it's not an east coast gig, there is still a HUGE ride/race vacuum to be filled that weekend east coast-wise.

I'm kind of excited to see who is going to run w/that weekend out here. MC will probably just run w/it under a different name or them. Maybe a good weekend to have a slopestyle contest, especially with a bag to play with. Shawn was never able to make a slopestyle contest.

The open has had a smattering of pro's, still some shine; Windham, is a WC, ALL the relevant pro's are there, not just who can make it - not otherwise committed. UCI WC - **ALL** attend.

As for turnout? Again, its a WC, but the Turnout and vibe at Windham has been 3x the quantity, commerce, and vibe that USO ever has. USO was 'real' 2003-2006, but has been - like DFR - declining and decreasingly relevant over the years since. Shawn takes that as an insult, rather than an observation of facts, which is delusional.

Shawn will not succeed transplanting the USO name. Despite all his protestations and juvenile ranting emails, his status is set. He's a successful businessman, he will continue to do OK, USO will not succeed ever again so long as it is tied to his name, that's my prediction, call me on it.

Shawn Orecchio s**t the bed and blames everyone but himself. Self respecting OR wise business people will stay the hell away from him. Snow sports may continue to provide him with revenue, but hes not going anywhere in the MTB community.

Last edited:

Pedaldamnit

Chimp
Dec 28, 2011
Vernon NJ
I can't wait to get started on trial work, I almost miss the shovel blisters on my hands. This season is going to be so awesome! LONG LIVE MCBP!

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
We season pass holders are the ones with the **** end of the stick in our hands. **** all involved for selling them in the first place if they knew this messy divorce was looming.

Pedaldamnit

Chimp
Dec 28, 2011
Vernon NJ
We season pass holders are the ones with the **** end of the stick in our hands. **** all involved for selling them in the first place if they knew this messy divorce was looming.
I know a few people who have disputed the charges on their credit cards for the purchase of the 11/12 "Dibalo" seasons pass and have successfully gotten their money back as it was found to be a "fraudulent charge". This is what I was told, I am in no way personally saying what he did was proven to be fraudulent, just repeating what I was told by a very reputable source.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
+1 :thumb: Funny how no one will step up and say what should be said.......

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Why are season passes still even a revelant discussion?

Basic common sense should tell you that previous management has your money and new management has no way of transferring that money to their accounts; therefore, anything tethered to Diablo is void and you need to jump on the chance to dispute the charge before the entirety of DFP vanishes.

I am sure the pricing structure will vary from old to new, so anyone that is hanging on to their season passes - get your head out of your ass, get your CC company to dispute the charge and refund your money, and re-purchase a season pass when the new management has their system set up.

Given the likelihood that Shawn is taking the entire rider database with him (meaning, that MCBP has no access to contacting those with 2012 Diablo passes and inform those not reading this forum, PB or FB that their season passes are invalid), I would have to assume that S.O. legally HAS to contact all pass holders and offer a refund... otherwise, it is such clear and blatant theft I can't see how criminal charges couldn't be filed.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Some thoughts...

1. I'd say he's about a hillbilly cunt hair away from being sued and slapped with a restraining order by Mountain Creek's lawyer. Honestly I am unsure why they haven't already gone down this road unless its to avoid the appearance of being the overlording monsters he accuses them of being. That all being said, if I was Mountain Creek's lawyer, I'd have both boots and maybe a plunger up his ass in court.

2. Northstar doesn't have the ability to handle something that big without really, really pissing off the wannabe Aspen people that reside at N* during the summer. There's a Ritz there, and from what I have seen they do not like our type too much. They spend A LOT more money than we ever could unless we were Trumps or Vanderbilts. If you want to end riding at N*, have the US Open there.

3. If any of what Diablo was saying were true, then they should have smartly sought relief under breach of contract in court. However, I don't know if his claims could prove in court what it is he alleges. Hopefully he is smart enough to understand this, but the truth of it is I don't think he's all that bright.

BigBoi

Monkey
Oct 31, 2011
Long Island, NY
supposedly it also COSTS the seller money when you refute a charge. So, get a chargeback, you're doing God's work.
For those of you considering to dispute your CC charge:

You have 60 days from purchase to dispute your charge

Therefore, check your date of purchase to determine whether you still can or how much time you have left.

BigBoi

Monkey
Oct 31, 2011
Long Island, NY
Why are season passes still even a revelant discussion?

Basic common sense should tell you that previous management has your money and new management has no way of transferring that money to their accounts; therefore, anything tethered to Diablo is void and you need to jump on the chance to dispute the charge before the entirety of DFP vanishes.

I am sure the pricing structure will vary from old to new, so anyone that is hanging on to their season passes - get your head out of your ass, get your CC company to dispute the charge and refund your money, and re-purchase a season pass when the new management has their system set up.

Given the likelihood that Shawn is taking the entire rider database with him (meaning, that MCBP has no access to contacting those with 2012 Diablo passes and inform those not reading this forum, PB or FB that their season passes are invalid), I would have to assume that S.O. legally HAS to contact all pass holders and offer a refund... otherwise, it is such clear and blatant theft I can't see how criminal charges couldn't be filed.
Exactly

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
this thread name should be changed from Diablo Rumor to Diablo Humor, cause DFP and Shawn are pretty much a punchline now.

I really can't wait to laugh about this for a moment and then be done with it when we are riding on some revitalized trails on a nice spring day. I sincerely hope this change brings some OG riders out of the woodwork, restarts some legit racing, and not only brings, but retains some new dedicated riders to this sport we love.

Pedaldamnit

Chimp
Dec 28, 2011
Vernon NJ
I really can't wait to laugh about this for a moment and then be done with it when we are riding on some revitalized trails on a nice spring day. I sincerely hope this change brings some OG riders out of the woodwork, restarts some legit racing, and not only brings, but retains some new dedicated riders to this sport we love.
Could not have said it better my self :thumb:

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
For those of you considering to dispute your CC charge:

You have 60 days from purchase to dispute your charge

Therefore, check your date of purchase to determine whether you still can or how much time you have left.
I tried this. My CC said that I will need to do this at the time the service becomes available. So I have to wait until MAy. They said since it is for a future service I have to wait until the service is not given

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I tried this. My CC said that I will need to do this at the time the service becomes available. So I have to wait until MAy. They said since it is for a future service I have to wait until the service is not given
did you explain to them that the charge is to a company that can no longer provide said service?