• They Both Rock

Votes: 22 45.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Snowshoe is EXTREMLY bike friendly!!! Great trails, great fun....

You can ride an entire weekend up there and not run the same trail twice. That's just me. I heard some great stuff about Diablo as well.

So, from what I understand, you'd do well to ride BOTH!!!!!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
yes.
these are all great places to learn.

but sooner or later you'll have to step up to the mans plate.

windrock mt. tennessee.

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
I wonder how many of the voters here have ridden both places?

I also wonder how many DH riders who live right in the middle of either option (ie, DC area - 4.5 hrs to either), rather than close to one or the other place, would vote.

For me the issue at SS is the long slow bus on the western side, and the wintergreenish short runs on the "FR" side, combined with perpetual rain and springs above key jumps. Despite those drawbacks there are some well built tracks like the harder stuff on the western side, but there are not many of these; were any new tracks built this year? I didn't hear of any. So I usually go to Diablo where there are 6-minute gondolas, weekday riding, more trails, good drainage and less water, nice big trannies, steeps, and big tables and two wall rides. I guess SS has some great XC and XC-type trails there but I don't ride that style much. SS staff is friendlier than at Diablo, but still, it's mostly about trail quality and quantity for me.

jrFro - if you're worried about breaking your bike, you're in the wrong sport.