Quantcast

diablo weekend races ( this is actually happening)

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
freelap race!!! W.W.E or weekend warrior elimination happens every weekend.
On october 12th joey and i will be hosting a free lap race at diablo, the race will start at upper dominion, then lower,
upper brake out, lower brake
out, crap chute, go around on doms denial, lower ripper, flume go around, and around phantom.

the format will have two classes: amature and pro

am-....$5
pro-...$8

freelap watches are available at the diablo ticket office

rent-....20$ +tax (rentals are limited so first come first serve)
buy-.....189$ +tax

the race format will be an organized jam, which means you can take as many race runs as you want with in a certain time span!

From the morning untill 11:45 pm there will be practice.
Jam time starts at 12pm and ends at 3pm on saturday october 12th.

This race is intended for people who do not like the race atmosphere.

The fastest pro and am times will recieve cool Diablo swag...(diablo t-shirts, water bottles, and, stickers

To enter or if you have any questions email me at TRAVISWESTERKAMP@HOTMAIL.COM

:cheers:

Stay tuned for crazy races such as the chainless race, hardtails, even chainless hardtails, dont be afraid to make suggestions. we are all game.

This race for the riders and is not related to diablo just freelap fun!.

(This has been cancelled this weekend due to freelap theft.)

Last edited:

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
hey guys a few things about the race

-Please be courteous to freeriders on the trail that you use and yield to slower riders in front of you. We cannot close any trails and we don't wan't any riders to feel that they are in the way, this is pretty much the reason that it is a jam! you can take as many re runs as you want! dont forget!

also remember this jam is in NOWAY related to diablo! we are just using the mountain to have some freelap fun!

mntbiker2

Monkey
Jun 30, 2007
umm.. like the money might pay for the 200 dollors worth of free lap gear. but like hes not umm sure yet.
so basically you and joey or whoever want this freelap gear...and inorder to pay off the difference of it being soo much money you are going to make races so that basically ever one can give you money to pay it off? that is so pointless to the "racers". oh heres 8$ since you bought the freelap i feel bad for you..oh hopefully i win too ..NOT..it doesnt quite work like that kid!

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
actuly big guy, joey is buying a freelap transmitter, and he is making fun races. You dont want to race? then dont. i dont think it is any of your business were any of the money is going for that matter. maybe if you race pro you will make money? but the chances of you winning are slim!

Last edited:

Polish Rambo

Chimp
Aug 3, 2007
Props to Travis and Joey for trying to instill a little fun into a sport where a large portion of those involved are sadly starting to take themselves way too seriously.

Sign me up, I'll gladly pay $5 to use YOUR equipment that YOU are setting up so that I can receive a time for MY run.

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Props to Travis and Joey for trying to instill a little fun into a sport where a large portion of those involved are sadly starting to take themselves way too seriously.

Sign me up, I'll gladly pay $5 to use YOUR equipment that YOU are setting up so that I can receive a time for MY run.
Beat me to it.

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
It is a neat idea but for the non season pass holder the cost is still high:

one day Lift ticket $36.00, Watch rental 20.00, race fee 5.00, total cost for one day 61.00.

a better alternative:
Race the dominion series this weekend, its only $70.00 for two days of riding plus two timed runs.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I cleaned up some of the stupid.

Nice idea, always good to see people taking some initiative to do something fun. :thumb:

Anyone who doesn't like it: fine, don't race, and stay the hell out of the thread. Be polite and courteous or don't post at all. Are you mentally handicapped? Do you really not see that it costs money to buy equipment and time to organize an event? If you don't like where the money is going, then just don't race.

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
Joey im gonna beat you on my ultimate new SCHWALDINI bike :thumb: hahaa
good idea bro, props for it
I might actually participate in it seeing as if all goes to plan, it should be my first day back at Diablo riding since my injury! :cheers:

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Does diablo know about this, cause I'd expect every penny going to him... just saying.
Absolutely. We support this. Its just a few kids with a cool idea trying to have some fun. In fact, we also donated some swag for prizes to help the cause.

Not sure if these mini-races will happen or not, but as long as everyone is cool about it, sounds like a fun time.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
That's cool you guys are setting this up, get all the kids who hang out at the base all day motivated to ride some trails. Good luck with your "jam", i'll make sure to stay off those trails so I don't mess up anyones pinned runs. :cheers:

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Absolutely. We support this. Its just a few kids with a cool idea trying to have some fun. In fact, we also donated some swag for prizes to help the cause.

Not sure if these mini-races will happen or not, but as long as everyone is cool about it, sounds like a fun time.

Cool.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
im really glad to see that people are going to participate. and thank you BV for get rid of the idiocracy. i hope i will see you all there