Quantcast

Diamondback Scapegoat/Mission vs. Commencal Meta

owentking

Chimp
Mar 28, 2010
Mountains of Rock
So here are my questions.:confused:
Whats the difference between the Diamondback Scapegoat/Mission and the Commencal Meta?

As far as my observations go the linkage system on both look exactly the same as far as the shock mounting, save TT vs. ST mount. And the DB has another pivot point in the rear triangle where the commencal relys on the rear axel with its sole swing arm.
Geometry aside unless it has a major affect on the differences between the two bikes.
Is there any connection between these two bike companies?

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Differences...

Commencal is 2x the cost of the DB Mission
DB Mission is a 4bar suspension compared to commencal's single pivot
DB is slightly heavier than Commencal
Commencal is much stiffer, 2011 Missions are stiffer than previous models tho

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
I have never ridden the Commencal Meta, but I have ridden a 2008 Mission 2. At 31lbs with 6" travel all the way around, it was a definate do it all bike. Only quom was if you had the propedal wide open, you were prone to pedal strikes while climbing rooty/rocky sections. It descended like a DH rig but pedaled like a heavy XC bike. Good deal too. My buddy scored his 2008 mission 2 for under $2k NEW.

owentking

Chimp
Mar 28, 2010
Mountains of Rock
Sweet. Thanks for the input. I was just curious cause I saw a meta and mission side by side and besides the differing rear triangles both seem to have the same suspension tech; the knucklebox, as DB calls it, and I don't know what Commencal calls there suspension.

I was looking into buying a Mission but then I got a sweet deal on a Reign X0 and decided to build that instead.