Quantcast

Did anybody go see the Wolverine movie?

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I went to the first show yesterday morning. The place was packed completely. That movie rocked. It was so much better than the critics said it was. I'm a bit of a geek. I loved it. Might go see it again.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Awesome. Fiance is still confused by the whiole comic book movie thing (she wasn't a dork growing up), but she enjoyed it. She thinks Wolverine has anger management issues...

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
The local critic out here only gave it 2 1/2 stars. I think sometimes they forget that most of us just go to the movies to be entertained. Not to nit pick over everything.

I guess i wasn't much of a real geek. Just a boy who had toys and comics. I thought the movie was great.

And yes, Wolverine has anger issues. I'm surprised that's all he has.

And yes, i did like Ironman. Robert Downey was great in that movie. And i like to see movies to be entertained. Not to look for every incorrect detail.

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
I watched some boot leg copy form some website last week. I thought it was pretty good. being a comic fan helps appreciate it a bit more. Funny thing about the boot leg is it must have been a stolen rough cut, as some of the computer graffics were basicly just anamated and in some of the fight scenes the guide wires were not yet blocked out. Made it interesting to watch. I am sure there were a lot of other effects left out. Looking forward to seeing it in the theater tonight.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
With Ironman, the 3 main stars are all amazing actors. I really enjoyed the pizza scene.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Every time i looked at the bad guy, i just thought of the time i saw him in TRON when i was a kid.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
yeah. She wasn't that great, but she didn't hurt my eyes either.

Gotta give Hugh some props. The ladies were all bothered by him. Leaving puddles in their chairs. That dude is ripped as hell.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Gwenyth sucks in any movie. She's bland, boring, and obviously a lunatic (if you haven't looked at her website "www.goop.com", you'd see why. She lists things that every woman must have as thousand-dollar shoes, etc. Total lunatic.).

But Wolverine was good. And Ironman was good as well.

It was fun to watch.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Yeah. Magneto is awesome. But this movie was still really good. Gives you an idea of why he hated the man that created him in X2.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the movie sucked a mile of cock.

evidently different theaters are are getting different end credit scenes.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
^^^^^Dayum. Tell us how you really feel.

You didn't expect it to be an Academy Award Winner, did you? I went in with no low expectations. So i liked it a lot because i generally thought it would suck dong.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
havent seen it yet but very inpressed with most of the marvel/comic remakes

hellboy is a fav
ironman was perfectly casted by RDJ
the punisher was awesome
ghost rider was detailed exactly to the books
fantastic four was more than I expected and kid friendly
elektra still makes me day dream about that outfit
Xmen (all of them) have been great story lines and all the characters you want to see

as for these, not so sure they made the cut
daredevil
spidermans
blade (I cant stand wesley snipes)
the hulks

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Dude. Ghost Rider was the absolute worst movie I have ever seen. I don't care if it followed the book or not...

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I'm a pretty big fan and the movie was so-so...about what I expected! I hate when they try and change the already established story....D

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Blade 3 was good because jessica biel was in it. She's easy on the eyes.

Ghost Rider...............I couldn't even finish it.