Quantcast

Did anyone hear Korn on Stern doing Another Brick in the Wall?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
no. and Im glad I didnt. Korn sucks and I hope they die by getting stung by bees with syphilis.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
for some reason, no one can ever cover that song. Ive never ever heard a good version of it by anyone else. Lots of other floyd songs have been done reasonably well, but not that one.
The Marilyn Manson version sticks out particularly. Godawful that was.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
BurlyShirley said:
for some reason, no one can ever cover that song. Ive never ever heard a good version of it by anyone else. Lots of other floyd songs have been done reasonably well, but not that one.
The Marilyn Manson version sticks out particularly. Godawful that was.
I'm just not a fan of Korn these days...I liked the first cd or two, but that singers voice annoys me...what is with these rock stars...they get their teeth and hair fixed and put on a kilt and their music goes down the toilet (think Axl Rose/Guns and Roses)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I heard the recorded version and didnt think it was that bad, but ACK! did you hear A Perfect Circle's new cover of imagine! thats just a :nope:

J

JRB

Were they the band that did a song about blah blah blah , f**k that, blah blah blah??? Then they edited it to play on FM and it was just grunting. If so, they should be beaten to death with palm leaves.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I dont know what it is with rock stars. No one ever does heroine and lights stuff on fire or pisses on the alamo any more or anything like that. Now they all just think they can wear some clothes and that will make them hard or something. Screw that. I want violence. I want heads bitten off bats and devil worshipping and chicks in high heels with poofy hair in the videos.
The world needs David Lee Roth back.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
douglas said:
I heard the recorded version and didnt think it was that bad, but ACK! did you hear A Perfect Circle's new cover of imagine! thats just a :nope:
Their singer is such a TOOL. No one should cover a song like that, or another brick in the wall. They are perfect as is. You cant improve on it, you just make yourself look incompetant as a musician when it comes out soundling like crap.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
BurlyShirley said:
I dont know what it is with rock stars. No one ever does heroine and lights stuff on fire or pisses on the alamo any more or anything like that. Now they all just think they can wear some clothes and that will make them hard or something. Screw that. I want violence. I want heads bitten off bats and devil worshipping and chicks in high heels with poofy hair in the videos.

or at least snort some ants outside the tour bus

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco said:
Were they the band that did a song about blah blah blah , f**k that, blah blah blah??? Then they edited it to play on FM and it was just grunting. If so, they should be beaten to death with palm leaves.
Hmmm...I dunno...probably...I like their first couple of cd's...I saw them once and the bass is so daggun thumpin that that thingy that dangles in the back of your throat was vibrating...

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
BurlyShirley said:
I want violence. I want heads bitten off bats and devil worshipping and chicks in high heels with poofy hair
Rock stars have become so poo-c-fied now we have to look to athletes for images of violence and deviant sex.

Now the chicks w/big hair and heels. . . we got 'em all over Houston . . . they dance for tips too :D

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
dh girlie said:
so daggun thumpin that that thingy that dangles in the back of your throat was vibrating...
I've never quite experienced what you're describing, but I really liked reading all those words in the same sentence.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
BurlyShirley said:
I agree. So, I have embarked on an internet search, hoping to find a band that fits the description you have just written.

So, to start I typed in "heaviest band in the world" in Yahoo, and this page came up first. According to this site. "Electric Wizard" is the heaviest band in the world. They even dare to interview the band...

http://www.xs4all.nl/~roadburn/pginterview/electricwizard_interview2_e.html

Shake in fear as I transcribe the interviewer's description of the band, he uses swear words, to which I will edit out...but rest assured....even with the swear words censored...the impact of "the heaviest band in the world" will still be felt....by you!

"Electric Wizard are THE heaviest psychedelic band in the World. Or the most psychedelic s**t-heavy band in the World. Whatever. Just don't argue. Don't bother. They fu**ng play psych-doom at Yog Sothoth's door. They pray at the throne of doom, weed and anarchy. On your knees! ON YOUR KNEES!! Come my Fanatics! Join the Supercoven!! Become the Wizard In Black... Sup on dark wisdom and forgotten ancient glory. Revel in Black Chaos as your soul is sucked by The Old Ones.Trip hard and loose your soul......Earth-voice of lost rites and musical impurity Electric Wizard are confronted by ..............inquisition......."

Damn, that is heavy. Although I do not know what "playing psych-doom at Yog Sothoth's door" means...

One thing I learned from this interview with "Electric Wizard". They are not just another stoner rock band like "Orange Goblin". How dare people compare them to "Orange Goblin".

I will search for more...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BurlyShirley said:
you should follow the scandanavian black metal scene.

then again, last week i heard that mark knopfler flipped a chaise lounge into the pool at the hotel he was staying at.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
you should follow the scandanavian black metal scene.

then again, last week i heard that mark knopfler flipped a chaise lounge into the pool at the hotel he was staying at.
Mark Knopfler isnt much of a rockstar, he's just a good guitar player. He used to get money for nothing and chicks for free though and he called lover boy a "little faggot" a couple times. I think that counts for something.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
douglas said:
:eviltongu Oh no they've desecrated the holy Beatles tune :rolleyes: I thought it was a good take on how the love generation is dead as well as any hope of peace in the world.

Everyone gets so touchy when someone covers a classic. "Oh they ruined it! Wah!" Go listen to the original then and save your tears for something that matters :p

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Zark said:
:eviltongu Oh no they've desecrated the holy Beatles tune :rolleyes: I thought it was a good take on how the love generation is dead as well as any hope of peace in the world.

Everyone gets so touchy when someone covers a classic. "Oh they ruined it! Wah!" Go listen to the original then and save your tears for something that matters :p
You would say that, as you have a Metallica member in your avatar...

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
BurlyShirley said:
You would say that, as you have a Metallica member in your avatar...
:confused: Care to finish that thought? A reference to Metallica doing bad covers or bands covering Metallica badly? Not that I care in either case.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Zark said:
:confused: Care to finish that thought? A reference to Metallica doing bad covers or bands covering Metallica badly? Not that I care in either case.
Well first off yeah, they did some bad covers (the misfits ones were ok) but they are the shining example of going from Rockage to Suckage. I know the guy you got is dead, so we cant blame him, but Metallica represents all that is soulless and wrong with rock today.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
BurlyShirley said:
Well first off yeah, they did some bad covers (the misfits ones were ok) but they are the shining example of going from Rockage to Suckage. I know the guy you got is dead, so we cant blame him, but Metallica represents all that is soulless and wrong with rock today.
New Metallica, yes I totally agree. Anything after And Justice for all is crap IMO. I personally blame Lars for most of their sucking :p

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
loco said:
Y'all want a single say **** That **** That **** That **** That.

Is that the one? I like Korn but yes that was very bad on the radio. i hate censors. And DH girlie if you want to hear people with annoying voices check out the Kiddie Punk bands. Simple Plan comes to mind as being the worst offender.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
BurlyShirley said:
I cannot possibly be in more agreeance with you on this. What ever happened to the ugly rock star? Udo Dirkshnieder would never get put a video on TV these days.

dh girlie said:
They suck like nothing has ever sucked before...
And about Metallica, this is the great rock band tragedy of my life here on earth so far. To have been so damn rocking and to now be SOOOO bad is painfull to witness. They are almost as bad as U2 is now. :mad:

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
BurlyShirley said:

Everything but the poofy hair. It just looks bad which I guess is your point but it is not bad in a good way like the others.

J

JRB

gschuette said:
Y'all want a single say **** That **** That **** That **** That.

Is that the one? I like Korn but yes that was very bad on the radio. i hate censors. And DH girlie if you want to hear people with annoying voices check out the Kiddie Punk bands. Simple Plan comes to mind as being the worst offender.
I cuss A LOT and I thought that was the stupidest thing in the world on XM. Then I heard the censored thing. If they tour around here, I may go to piss on the stage. Ugh :dead:

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Fathead said:
Rock stars have become so poo-c-fied now we have to look to athletes for images of violence and deviant sex.

Now the chicks w/big hair and heels. . . we got 'em all over Houston . . . they dance for tips too :D
Listen to groups like Rammstein, Opeth, Nile, Motorhead. They aren't poo-c-fied.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
dh girlie said:
Oh well if PRIMUS does a cover, then it's ok...they can do no wrong...
Sorry... it was actually the Flying Frog Brigade:

Les along w/ original Primus guitarist Todd Huth, Critters Buggin' saxophonist Skerik, Rat Dog's Jay Lane and Jeff Chimenti, Pearl Jam/Chili Pepper's skinbeater Jack Irons, and newcomer Eenor,

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Werd, Korn used to be cool around the same time as the Deftones, but no more. But, anyone else still listen to NIN? He still f'n rocks.

I haven't heard Korn's Floyd cover, but has anybody else heard the Rhaeggaie (sp? yeah, whatever) version of DSOTM? I wish I knew where to buy it...

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
-BB- said:
No... But I DID hear PRIMUS do a SWEET "shine on you crazy diamonds" on the radio.

They Suck.
Primus did a sick cover of "Have a Cigar" on the album Miscellaneous Debris. Les did all the keyboard parts on a fretless bass guitar, fuggin sweet :thumb:

But PRIMUS SUCKS! ;)