Quantcast

Did anyone see this Auction?

J

JRB

You think I can curse on eBay question stuff??? I don't think I can express the stupidity in that auction without vulgarity.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BurlyShirley said:
Whatever the case, seeing Roger Waters in 2000 was the best concert Ive ever been to. Its worth whatever...
ok...how many 50 y/o dudes flush w/ cash are gonna plunk down $$$ in pursuit of a ticket? a lot more than most 18 year olds.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
ok...how many 50 y/o dudes flush w/ cash are gonna plunk down $$$ in pursuit of a ticket? a lot more than most 18 year olds.
Isnt the idea of holding a concert to sell tickets for profit?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BurlyShirley said:
Isnt the idea of holding a concert to sell tickets for profit?
no doubt.

i was just hoping that ticketbastard would be edged out by either bands, promoters, or venue owners doing a big dutch auction on ebay.

that said, if this is the future, you young 'uns better not want to see any dinosaur acts (buffet, stones, who, etc) because you'll likely not win that auction when bidding against deep-pocketed seniors...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
no doubt.

i was just hoping that ticketbastard would be edged out by either bands, promoters, or venue owners doing a big dutch auction on ebay.

that said, if this is the future, you young 'uns better not want to see any dinosaur acts (buffet, stones, who, etc) because you'll likely not win that auction when bidding against deep-pocketed seniors...
...yeah it sucks, but we cant all drive escalades...
It sucks that that's how its becoming, but if I were mr. ticketmaster, or a guy in a band, Id just want the most money possible so I could buy more things and stay drunker.