Quantcast

Did anyone witness this at Snoqualmie?

ryanrider

Chimp
Nov 20, 2007
Nope but it would have been pretty cool to see. I had no idea they were putting in a new lift. Looks they'll be offering another 500 ft of icy vert for us! Great...

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
They are replacing the old slow fixed grip with a high speed quad.

I guess this isn't old news to everyone.....

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Bout time silver fur has some decent terrain but that lift took like 3 hours to get up.

Uruk-hai

Monkey
Oct 13, 2004
The 'Quah
That's not the Summit? The Black Forest on the right? The rock face at the top?
Nope. It's farther south, by the xc center between Ski Acres and Hyak. Where they originally had mountain bike ops before they moved over to the Ski Acres area.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
I used to be a lift supervisor for that chair. What a slow chair that was. Great terrain around there, but it would take a 1/2 hour to 45 minutes to do a loop. Too bad they don't have bike access there. That would be a great spot.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Oh ya I remember hearing about that now. There is some fun terrain in that area. might actully ride there now that it wont take forever to get up the lift. Hopefully it will take some of the lines down on the other lifts.

I bought a pass again this year, who else got one?

Uruk-hai

Monkey
Oct 13, 2004
The 'Quah
I'm getting one for sure. That is my favorite area when skiing that side of I-90. The old chair would always stop or slow down every time you'd ride up it. The new chair is going to be perfect for the runs it serves. No more delays hopefully.

And yes, it would be great if they opened that back up in the summer. There are (were) a couple of great runs on either side of that lift.

Last edited: