Quantcast

Did Gnar*'s season ticket price go way up?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I could be high on crack again, but did the prices for a summer season pass go up dramatically at N* for this summer? I seem to remember last summer being something like $205. Now its $279.

Now color me crazy and on crack, but this might not be the best time for N* to be jacking ticket prices (assuming they did) with Squaw trying to come on the scene.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
$279 for regular folk. $259 for winter pass holders.
Are they open all week for that price?

Its cheaper than Whistler, but then agian, its not Whistler.

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
$279 for regular folk. $259 for winter pass holders.
Are they open all week for that price?

Its cheaper than Whistler, but then again, its not Whistler.
it also doesn't take me an hour and a half to get to whistler. What a buzz kill $279 is. Then again at $42 a day it won't take long to pay off. I can't believe the cost of lift tickets these days. Ticket price is the main reason I can't afford to go snowboarding with out discounted passes. Assholes. It's not my fault they had to rebuild the village. Give me a discount price because I will not use those facilities.

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
lol is this for real? vista express wont run mon-thurs July 2 - September 6, lol serious? that means I have to PEDAL all the way to the good trails?

Brad23

Monkey
Jan 9, 2004
West Oakland
it was $250 before they closed for the spring and no discount for having a pass from last year as they have done in the past. They will be open 7 days a week though for peak summer season, see their website for the details if you can find em. (they have a pretty hard to nav site).

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I dunno, doesn't seem like such a bad deal considering $42 a day, especially if you live close by and can ride during the week. Given the amount of overhead needed to run and insure the place I doubt they're making much money from the DH crowd, more likely it's a way to partially offset summertime losses.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Squaw is going on a 5 year plan to build something comprable to Whistler.

Oh well, you gotta pay to play.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
The idea behind the price hike is to fund a pretty substantial bit of trail work/maintenance this year.
I'm good with that. I don't mind throwing down another $50 for some trail work guys to make a few bucks.

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Would have been nice to get some kind of discount as a passholder from last year, or for that matter even an email noting that the price was $250 before closing for the spring and would go up after that. Oh well. I'll get one anyway because where else are you gonna go in norcal? Looking forward to seeing what improvements they make to the trails this year.