Quantcast

Did my first 80 miler Saturday

Well, in my ongoing training with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (Team In Training) I did my longest road ride to date. We did an 80 mile out and back up the beautiful coast Hwy 1 in NorCal. The weather was absolutely fantastic and physically, I could have done the extra 20 for my first century. Since I was carpooling and had other things to do, that extra 20 wasn't an option.

The "El Tour de Tucson" is in two weeks and I'm ready! :thumb:

No man, felt awesome! Legs felt strong, ate plenty of food and stayed nice and hydrated. Ass was getting a little sore around the 65 mile mark, but nothing I couldn't handle. Just have to move around on the saddle a little more and stand once in a while. With three Sag stops and three flats in the group, we still averaged 16mph. Pretty good IMO.

I was having some pain behind my right knee a few weeks ago when we started going over 40 miles, but I figured out it was cleat placement. Once I got that sorted out, I've been golden. In fact, I actually got about 1/2mph avg. quicker. Go figure....

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
Hey, that's great! I am riding the 67-mile of the Tour de Tucson. I wanted to ride the full 112, but my two friends wanted to ride the 67. And now they've both backed out completely... not even riding.

I wonder if I can switch? Hmm....

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
G-Cracker said:
Hey, that's great! I am riding the 67-mile of the Tour de Tucson. I wanted to ride the full 112, but my two friends wanted to ride the 67. And now they've both backed out completely... not even riding.

I wonder if I can switch? Hmm....
i am willing to wager that you can. most organizers dont even keep track of the numbers. it's just kind of a general number for them to get an idea of how much supplies they need for each route.
GO FOR IT!!!