Quantcast

Did some digging this weekend...

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Mate,

You are an absolute maniac with that shovel. Nice work. Looks very nice. I cant believe how much filler you used. The tranny looked like the startings of a bonfire. Sick. Seriously though..well done. Can't wait to hit it.

You images didnt post properly, cause you didnt use the right link from photobucket.

To fix, just put a
at the end of the link after the .jpg. No spaces.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
fuzzycatnuts said:

Notice the ferns :)

Decided to make a smaller step down for people to practice on as well!

I'll send you the bill!:D

*edit*
Wow! Nice work, Kim! That's one buttload of wood going on there.:thumb: I gave Ted a rash for not coming out to help you - he said he was too tired (read - lazy) to head down there. I want to ride this weekend, but will likely have to take it easy to let my wrist heal. I'll probably just hit some chill lines and take pics if I go.

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
dude...that jump is sick....I HELPED WITH PACKING!!!! ya..not gonna take credit for that jump at all...you are a diggin fool!!!! god damn you start something, and its up in a couple days ready for hittin. i cant believe i bitched out and didnt hit that jump you finished today...i guess i just kinda left without hitting it..i will next time!! good job!!

stacy1

Chimp
Sep 14, 2004
OFF 410
Kim, good stuff, I really enjoy the newest edition to the top, 12' kicker is super smoooooooth! appreciate all the work!
Shane

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
DAYUM kim that looks awsome... To answer your Q in another thread.... I dunno what happened intense shoulder cramp that came outta nowhere and had to have **** injected into the muscle... I amg oing to TRY to make it out there sunday... Wish my new bike was put together....

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Thanks, I am glad everyone appreciates the work. The jump was smooth once I got the speed down, first time I over shot it to flat. I put about 14 more buckets of dirt on and then it was really smooth. You have to sprint a little bit at the top but the lip sends you perfect.

Ash and Andy- you would not belive the amount of dead wood for this jump, it most have been 4x as much as you saw in that pic for both lip and landing. It did not take that much dirt to make and most of it came from the before the lip and after the landing. Thanks for the advise and reposting the pics correctly. Hopefully more people will go all the way to the top now.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
fuzzycatnuts said:
Thanks, I am glad everyone appreciates the work. The jump was smooth once I got the speed down, first time I over shot it to flat. I put about 14 more buckets of dirt on and then it was really smooth. You have to sprint a little bit at the top but the lip sends you perfect.

Ash and Andy- you would not belive the amount of dead wood for this jump, it most have been 4x as much as you saw in that pic for both lip and landing. It did not take that much dirt to make and most of it came from the before the lip and after the landing. Thanks for the advise and reposting the pics correctly. Hopefully more people will go all the way to the top now.
Pip & I are beyond appreciative of all the efforts of you, Ash, AJ, Travis, Brent, Dave and countless others that have assisted in making the upper half a better place to ride.
Some are gradually realizing just how sweet it is up there. Others...well, old habits are hard to break.
It's funny how everybody can push to the middle entrance, but balk at going to the top when the easiest part of the hike/ride up is above the middle entrance. Once you go several steps beyond the middle it's, dare I say it, easy to even ride up.

I find amusement in the fact that I'm nearly double most riders' age and I can pedal from the bottom to the top, yet the young'uns can barely manage to walk to the middle.:rolleyes:

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
DBR X6 RIDER said:
I find amusement in the fact that I'm nearly double most riders' age and I can pedal from the bottom to the top, yet the young'uns can barely manage to walk to the middle.:rolleyes:
You still smoke?:blah:

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Hahahaha - yeah, I forgot to rub THAT salt into the wound. I'm cutting back, though...soon to be a has-been in that department.

Where the hell ya' been, Chris?
I've been couch surfing for months. Its been an awesome ride, but I need to get back on the bike and get into shape soon. The pics of the flowpark look insane!!!

I havent riddin since 04/05, is the easy line on the left side still there? I'll need to do a couple of NEWB runs before I attempt any of that new stuff.:oink:

chris

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Duuuuude, that's close to a year!!! I reckon you have one fine ass-groove on that couch by now.:sneaky:
Yeah, the left (main) line is still intact. It has some sweeeeet berms on it now as well as alot of spur jumps. The far right line hasn't really changed much either. It's everything in between that's morphing like mad.

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
All you SST builders & diggers, old & new, are FRIKKIN AWEsome!!!
can't wait to try the top runs & little gap. doing that old middle drop has got really DAMN boring, Just A BIT...
anyhoo, gotta bring da mini-shuv out sunday & do some maint there too.
RIDE ON
-MarkW

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Yes I might come out sunday, depening on how the snow on the mnt is. I got a mini shovel that folds up for my B-Day, its from a army surplus store... would be sweet for urban or xc rides, I cant wait to use it.