Quantcast

Did something.....

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I sinned..... I sold one of my hand guns....

But I only did it to buy a new one.....

Picked up a sccy cpx-2.

It's not a bad shooter actually. Quite pleasantly surprised. Already worked up a custom load for it. Just waiting for the holster to show up and it's going to be my new edc!!!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I sinned..... I sold one of my hand guns....

But I only did it to buy a new one.....

Picked up a sccy cpx-2.

It's not a bad shooter actually. Quite pleasantly surprised. Already worked up a custom load for it. Just waiting for the holster to show up and it's going to be my new edc!!!
How is this better than a glock or XD or similar? Looks like a cheap-quality gun?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Well....... For me I don't like Glocks. They don't fit my hand right.
The xd's are expensive. I have a couple already. Also, any of the glocks or xd's in this size range need an extended mag to fit my hand, this one does not.

What I like about it

It's cheap
It is a double stack
It fires every time
If I do end up having to use it I'm not going to cry over it being taken for some time as courts figure it all out.
It's a a safe pistol. Uses an inertia type firing pin so it can be safely chambered, being double action, you just plain are not going to have a negligent discharge when drawing the weapon(I know, that's a training issue to begin with.) Fits my hand well
What I do to like...
It's dao. Longer trigger pull, seems a little picky about ammo selection.... It like the shorter oal stuff.

To add, the year down is stupid simple. Like complete tear down of every little part. The action is completely separate from the frame making it much easier to get to all your small parts. It also carries a lifetime warranty as well. For a cheaper firearm, it's well built....... Also.....100% American made by an American company.

The main drive to get one is my little custom ammunition company..... If they will work in a cheap crap gun, they will work in the expensive ones.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I’ve had the opposite experience, the higher quality and precision weapons were more reliable and accurate for me. HK 9mm was bang every time, regardless of ammo. For DA and not striker fired, I’ll go revolver.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
You'd appreciate this Mike. I finally got a fixed mag to make my AR California compliant. Took it to the range last night and it worked well. It's a bit quirky but it's easy to install and uninstall for when I'm shooting in the boonies.

Hooray for Cali gun laws!!!

For DA and not striker fired, I’ll go revolver.
Double single action for me all day. I like the ability to chamber a round without worrying so much about a negligent discharge.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
I’ve had the opposite experience, the higher quality and precision weapons were more reliable and accurate for me. HK 9mm was bang every time, regardless of ammo. For DA and not striker fired, I’ll go revolver.
For the most that is absolutely correct....

In fact it's why I wanted to sell the bersa.... It was just a finicky POS.

I am really impressed with the sccy thiugh.....

8lb trigger for a dao is great as most revolvers are 13....

It's definitely not something to shoot all the time..... But I got it for 200 new, and thought..... Why not.... Least it has a lifetime warranty..... Day one put, 300 rounds before I put it away

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
You'd appreciate this Mike. I finally got a fixed mag to make my AR California compliant. Took it to the range last night and it worked well. It's a bit quirky but it's easy to install and uninstall for when I'm shooting in the boonies.

Hooray for Cali gun laws!!!
Fuck that noise......

As far as negligent discharges go....... It always comes down to a training issue.....[/QUOTE]

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Cool to hear a cheap gun is running reliably after a decent round count. That fmj and hp?

I’m considering a steyr m9-a1 as a throw away for keeping at the camp and carrying when on the water etc. Holster support not ideal though so may just get a g19/45 and deal with shitty trigger.

Otherwise I’ll stick with my hammer fired sigs and their boring reliability for edc.