Quantcast

did somthin stupid at SST yesterday

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
ya at the end of the day me and my buddys all went to the like 10 foot drop right off the cement path by the parking lot and were gonna do that to finish up the day.

well the last time i tried it i went way to fast totally overshot the ladding and landed totally flat bottoming my monster T with medium springs and i weigh 115 pounds. o and i also bent the left pedal (their azonic a-frames too!!!!)

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
So you CAN go too fast off of it. Sounds like you came out of it relatively OK, pride aside. I got halfway home yesterday when I realized that was you w/ the black G-spot. You and your buddies were rippin' it up pretty good.
I can still boast that of the 20+ runs I did yesterday, I didn't start a single run at the middle...all of 'em from the top. More fun for the run!:D

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
yes you can go TOO fast its possible or im just dum who knows. hey what were you riding their. ya i was riding the black cove G-spot. i like to start at the middle cause its less of a walk and too me thats like the best part of te run anyways cause you hit the drop to ste down to table to hip. that part is my favorite. ya my friends are all pretty smooth and skilled.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I was riding the purple DBR w/ the flame decals ALL over it (white ff helmet blanketed with stickers as well) and my buddy had the Brass Monkey ht.
Hopefully one of the next times you see me, I'll be sporting my new rig.

I like starting at the top 'cuz it gives you that much more momentum for the lower section. Also nice to get a few hits in before you even get to the middle...sets the tempo/rhythm for the "good" part of the run. That last part of the walk is the easiest part, too - it levels out 40 ft. past the middle entrance.
It's all good so long as the folks that start at the middle are checking up for riders coming from above.:thumb:

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
Second time out to SST on Monday, had my new rig with me and I hit that far left (looking down from the top) drop that's near the top. I'm pretty stoked that I did that... next is that tree gap but I need to see someone do it first, thats intimidating

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
cove rider said:
true true i always look up to see if peeps are coming before i go. hey is the new line up top getting packed down at all yet?
Good deal. I was seeing several/many folks just jumping in w/ blinders on over the weekend and nearly flattened this lil' guy on Sat. That would have sucked real bad (for him...not me - well, me too but not physically).
I hit the new line a couple times on Sunday on my full-squish and had no problems up top. The area past the landing was still a little soft, but I'm sure the rain this week will help that situation out.

thesacrifice - if you're down there the next time I am, I'll give you a tow on the tree-drop. Been a while since I've done it, but it doesn't look any different than before. It looks alot harder than it really is...I laughed after I did it 'cuz I was expecting it to be waaaaay harder. IMO, that's one of the smoothest hits in the park.
I need to get back to hitting that frequently so Pip will finally commit to it as well.:devil:

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Well ill be there on Thursday afternoon sacrafice, u can follow me on that then follow me down the trail gap!.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
I fell ! I fell off the big table! Who sa me? Who got dat pixor?

I hope you all die.

PS. I sa that kid too, he be like "I'm 115ellbeeesses"

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
ioscope said:
I fell ! I fell off the big table! Who sa me? Who got dat pixor?

I hope you all die.

PS. I sa that kid too, he be like "I'm 115ellbeeesses"
do you mean you were there on sunday and do you mean you talked to me. if you did what were you riding

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
There is another Andy that rides there he has like 3 bikes nice ones 2. Vp free of the orange color, a heckler of the red kind, and a stumpy fsr of the black kind. Damn fine rides.

cove rider said:
ya at the end of the day me and my buddys all went to the like 10 foot drop right off the cement path by the parking lot and were gonna do that to finish up the day.

well the last time i tried it i went way to fast totally overshot the ladding and landed totally flat bottoming my monster T with medium springs and i weigh 115 pounds. o and i also bent the left pedal (their azonic a-frames too!!!!)
That was great. Poor Poor rear shock.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
So I finally hit the treedrop again after what seemed like an eternity. I think I had this thread in my head as I was approaching the takeoff or something - I barely made it over the lip on the landing. Must have been too spooked to hit flat or something?!? I'll go back to being just a little more aggressive the next time.:p

p.s. - I'm not really sold on some of these new smilies. :rolleyes: <---especially that one

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
DBR X6 RIDER said:
So I finally hit the treedrop again after what seemed like an eternity. I think I had this thread in my head as I was approaching the takeoff or something - I barely made it over the lip on the landing. Must have been too spooked to hit flat or something?!? I'll go back to being just a little more aggressive the next time.:p

p.s. - I'm not really sold on some of these new smilies. :rolleyes: <---especially that one
what do you mean by the "tree drop" that same one that this thread started with or is there another drop i dont know about or somthing

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
The trail gap is fun. The first time i did it all i was hearing in my head was Slipknot wait and bleed.