Quantcast

Did you ever skip a step in the morning.........

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
and then come to realize it later in the day?

I looked at myself in a mirror a few minutes ago and realized that I forgot to shave this a.m.

Good thing I don't have any meetings scheduled today.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yeah, I forget stuff. Usually it's things like taking out the garbage and feeding/watering the cats. Fortunately, MBC gets up about an hour after me and is pretty good about correcting what I forget to do. Of course, she lets me know about it. ;)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I walked out of the house yesterday without my wallet OR my watch.

I spent the whole day unconsciously touching my wrist and my back pocket because it felt weird... I'm sure I looked funny walking down the hallways at work patting my ass :think:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
that's the main reason i have a beard. shaving sucks. a neck/cheek trim a couple times a week in the shower and i'm good to go.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I have an ongoing and epic struggle with the coffee maker in the morning. The paradox is that I can't seem to make coffee without a cup of coffee. I have put no coffee in the filter at all and had nothing but hot water. I have forgotten to grind the beans and put the whole beans in the filter.

The worst though is that several times I have shaved and forgot half of my mustache. That's an embarrasing thing to discover at the end of the day.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ridemonkey said:
I have an ongoing and epic struggle with the coffee maker in the morning. The paradox is that I can't seem to make coffee without a cup of coffee. I have put no coffee in the filter at all and had nothing but hot water. I have forgotten to grind the beans and put the whole beans in the filter.

You need to load the coffee maker with filter, grounds, and water the night before, so all you have to do is turn the thing on in the morning. :)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I Are Baboon said:
You need to load the coffee maker with filter, grounds, and water the night before, so all you have to do is turn the thing on in the morning. :)
Or get the one with the timer and prep it the night before.................then to remember that :think:

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Typical morning for me:

Head out the door, get in the car and start it up...damn, forgot to bring the stereo faceplate out.
Head back in the house, grab the faceplate, then out to the car...damn, left my cup of coffee on the counter.
Head back into the house, get the coffee, then back out to the car. Back out of the driveway....dammit, forgot my work badge!
Pull back into the driveway, then back into the house to get the badge, then back out to the car.
Finally get on the road to work, halfway there...ah crap, I left my lunch at home! :mumble:

I usually eat lunch out at least once a week.

Oh, and not me, but a guy here at work forgets to take those snore strip thingies off his nose at least once a week or so.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
once, and only once, i forgot to brush my teeth before i left for class. once i realized what happened i couldn't stop thinking about ow gross my teeth were and i had to cut out of class to go home and brush them.

i give myself so much time to get ready in the morning that i rarely leave out a step.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
narlus said:
that's the main reason i have a beard. shaving sucks. a neck/cheek trim a couple times a week in the shower and i'm good to go.
:stupid:

DRB said:
Amen to shavin' once a week.
LOL - that would be nice... I can go from clean shaven to a full beard in a week!

I have 2 sets of keys - home and work. I hate to have them onthe same ring b/c they hang down and hit my leg when I drive. So I separated them... which of course means that I forget my work keys about once a week. Since I get in before most of my co-workers, I'm stuck outside waiting for someone else to show up...

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
The only two steps I've skipped over by mistake are the application of deodorant(I keep a bathroom kit in my office) and zipping my fly. Yesterday, I somehow was at work for 2 hours with my fly unzipped. I was just about to take my first coffee piss of the day when I realized that it was already down. I walked across the parking lot, through a hallway, and to the printer at least a few times with the front door open. Fortunately nobody noticed or at minimum, had the temerity to point it out.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
MMcG said:
and then come to realize it later in the day?

I looked at myself in a mirror a few minutes ago and realized that I forgot to shave this a.m.

Good thing I don't have any meetings scheduled today.
Dude.. I once shaved HALF my face and then came to work.
The battery died half way through, so I was going to recharge it for half an hour and then do the rest.
Of course I forgot.
:stupid:

Luckily I lived quite close so I could go home and finish it once someone pointed it out.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
llkoolkeg said:
The only two steps I've skipped over by mistake are the application of deodorant(I keep a bathroom kit in my office) and zipping my fly. Yesterday, I somehow was at work for 2 hours with my fly unzipped. I was just about to take my first coffee piss of the day when I realized that it was already down. I walked across the parking lot, through a hallway, and to the printer at least a few times with the front door open. Fortunately nobody noticed or at minimum, had the temerity to point it out.
AHAHAHAHAH!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Heidi said:
I'm totally NOT kidding...I have gotten to work and realized I wasn't wearing a bra.
MMcG said:
That's hot! :D
johnbryanpeters said:
And the problem would be? :confused:
:D
-BB- said:
Dude.. I once shaved HALF my face and then came to work.
the final i just took had a question involving shaving half of the face. the question itself was of what's the condition where the patient doesn't realize that they have a neglect disorder after a stroke or other brain injury, the answer being anosognosia. i'd be dead if it were not multiple choice :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i remember in one of my college math classes, the TA worked in an extra credit question on test, which involved the growth of his facial hair and differential equations.

it's sad how much i've forgotten. i couldn't do any of that crap now. :(

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
For me it's usaully forgetting to drink coffee in the morning and falling asleep through my first class. However, more often than not, when going to school i put my bag in the back seat. I park my car and walk across the 2 football feilds which are covered in ice and crazy wind lately. When I get in the school I realize I forgot my bag in the car.
I have to walk all the way back. It's a real pain

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i can be a total scuzzball at my work.
the only thing i have to remember is my tools and looking at RM in the morning so i can have a good laugh at posts of Echo and Damn True hatin on each other to make my commute better. ;)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
berkshire_rider said:
I cured that problem after getting all the way to work before realizing I left the badge home on the dresser one morning. Now I leave it in the car. :thumb:
badges? we dont need no stinkin badges!!!!

uhm i dont really forget to do anything. i dont shave often cause i dont care, i wear a hat instead of brushing my hair cause uhmmmm idont care, and i dont tuck in my shirt half the time cause, you guessed it, i dont care.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
biggins said:
badges? we dont need no stinkin badges!!!!

uhm i dont really forget to do anything. i dont shave often cause i dont care, i wear a hat instead of brushing my hair cause uhmmmm idont care, and i dont tuck in my shirt half the time cause, you guessed it, i dont care.
You need a job in construction. it's one of the perks, i haven't worn a suit since my prom. :)

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I cant say I really miss steps before I leave the house. However on the other hand I have been known to miss a step while leaving the house (aka the front step) in which case I nonchalantly look around and recover myself and keep walking. I know it isnt what you really meant by miss a step, but I know sometimes the neighbors get a little laugh out of it if they see it happen when they are getting their paper or something lol.