Quantcast

did you ever try to run a Idler Pulley on a M-pire...!?!?

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
Echo said:
Damn, I don't think I have the patience to try something like that for my M-pire... but you inspired me to think about it :D
Come on Echo, I did all the work already,,well not really i'm sure is a lot of room for improvement, but at least you don't need to start from ground cero this time...

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Patineto, I've been following this thread for a while, and by reading about how you approach problems, you remind me of my Grandpa - he did R&D for an auto-parts manufacturer since he was in his 20's and was ALWAYS tinkering with something...

Thinking about things like this keep me up at night too... but in a good way.

Same thing with Thomas Alva Edison. I think he designed some pretty cool stuff back in the day... :think: :D

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
S.K.C. said:
Patineto, I've been following this thread for a while, and by reading about how you approach problems, you remind me of my Grandpa - he did R&D for an auto-parts manufacturer since he was in his 20's and was ALWAYS tinkering with something...

Thinking about things like this keep me up at night too... but in a good way.

Same thing with Thomas Alva Edison. I think he designed some pretty cool stuff back in the day... :think: :D
what are you calling me old fashion...:)

sure i'm totally old school when it comes to delopment in the old trial and error ways.. well exept for hangliders and things you can not stop in a hurry if something goes wrong...

I ussually Underbuild my prototypes (most people overbuild) this way i get to see, How ,were and why the parts fail and keep testing until everything works optimal on a bare-bones basis then I make the real product with a 2-3 time redundant factor, something like if is super strong & reliable with a single bolt, four of them is going to make the part indestructible...

I also came up with a very basic prinsiple that I follow since I was a little kid..

Get to know a subject to a sufficient amount (deep) so you can get your self "In trouble" (experiment, Invest $$, tested, trying sh^t out, etc) but not that Much that your brain and comun sense (Fear, collected un-sooport wisdom, folclore, social forces, etc) will keep you away from Trouble.

sorry it sound and makes much better en Espanol but you hopefully get the idea, i just see far to many engeniers and academics in general stoping their brains way before they start to Imagen anything new, since they are bound by way to much bagaage and close mindness.

if you are like me and try to learn as you go, for sure you find many new "trails" (ways, paths, solutions) most of them going no-were and hopefully few of them very promising but for sure all of them a great learning experience for the good the bad and the ugly.

Just remenber ussually you learn far more from your mistakes than your triumps