Quantcast

did you know Washington Mutual was hacked?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
and about 40,000 people had their bank account info stolen....

they deactivated the cards associated with those accounts, but failed to tell the users/owners of said accounts.

NICE. :mumble: :angry: :mumble: :stosh: :nuts:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
not sure exactly when it happend. my wife and I have a couple different accounts and her card wouldn't work yesterday. it said, "invalid account number..." or something.

she called the bank and they said, "oh yea, we got hacked so we shut the accounts off......"
seems like they should have contacted their clients and let them know.
you know, so they didn't, say, go to lunch, and not be able to pay for their meal....:nuts:

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
I go a letter from my local bank that they got hacked and told me to cut up my debit card and I got a new one funny my wife diddn't get a letter/new card she's on the same account

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
pnj said:
yea, they have this new thing out called e-mail......
which would be a horrible way to inform customers given all the phishing scams

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Toshi said:
which would be a horrible way to inform customers given all the phishing scams
yea, mabye.

either way, not having your card work when you know it should and you owe a store money for a product you've already used, sucks. :stupid:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
We had a WAMU account for all of 1.5 months before we closed it. Worst bank ever.

"Actually, yes we do put a 5 day hold on cash deposits to the ATM."

????

F*ck you very much.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Dang. My debit card works so I guess I'm good.

A couple years ago I switched to WAMU after Well F***Go sent my debit card to the wrong address and somehow let the people who received my card activate it and use it for a few weeks. I got my money back, but left Wells for good. :nuts: