Quantcast

Didn't Bush say we would leave Iraq...

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
When they wanted us to?
Well, guess what? THEY WANT US TO.

All Iraqi Groups Blame U.S. Invasion for Discord, Study Shows

Iraqis of all sectarian and ethnic groups believe that the U.S. military invasion is the primary root of the violent differences among them, and see the departure of "occupying forces" as the key to national reconciliation...

Asked to describe "the current situation in Iraq to a foreign visitor," ... "most would describe the negative elements of life in Iraq beginning with the 'U.S. occupation' in March 2003," the report says.
Discuss. Especially in the context of supporting a presidential candidate who thinks we should stay for 100 years, or at least until 2013.

The US became a free nation in what? 1776? In the same year, following our independence, American troops were involved in the middle east. Guess who was the main man in charge of these operations? George and George W.'s great great great great granddaddy. This country has more troops involved in foreign nations in the 200+ years we have been a country than there are people in some small nations. Discuss the American brutality and invasion of American troops in other nations. Want to talk about an American institution? America involving itself in other nations affairs...and why? To ensure the protection of American citizens. When are we going to open our eyes to this BS? Give a little bit of your freedom for the feeling of security and you will eventually lose all of your freedom and gain nothing but a feeling; betrayal

I am all for America but there is a huge paradox in this country and serious change is needed. WE need to stop worrying about other nations and focus on us for a while, fix the economy, make the dollar strong again and fix our healthcare, education and fat epidemic

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
so, the washpo "reports" a "story" which blames the root of the sunni/shi'a violence on the u.s. invasion? what was the root of the sunni/shi'a violence before the u.s. invasion?
The US became a free nation in what? 1776? In the same year, following our independence, American troops were involved in the middle east. Guess who was the main man in charge of these operations? George and George W.'s great great great great granddaddy.
looks like someone was doing bonghits in history class (nttawwt). i must assume you're making (very loose) reference to the first barbary war (1801, not 1776), which was the result of muslim aggression by the ottoman empire. specifically, they took 2 of our ships & crew, to be held hostage for ransom & continued tribute. you'll note this fine tradition is carried over to this very day.

and i'm not sure what to make of the dubya-g-g-g-g-granddaddy-nexus.
This country has more troops involved in foreign nations in the 200+ years we have been a country than there are people in some small nations.
what are we to make of this? that some countries have vanishingly small populations?
Discuss the American brutality and invasion of American troops in other nations. Want to talk about an American institution? America involving itself in other nations affairs...and why? To ensure the protection of American citizens. When are we going to open our eyes to this BS? Give a little bit of your freedom for the feeling of security and you will eventually lose all of your freedom and gain nothing but a feeling; betrayal

I am all for America but
"american brutality" happens on the outmost fringes, and is without exception prosecuted with little mercy. far more brutality happens on our streets by our people, to our own people. let me guess: you "support the troops" too?
our country has done far more to benefit the world than you are willing to concede.
WE need to stop worrying about other nations and focus on us for a while, fix the economy, make the dollar strong again and fix our healthcare, education and fat epidemic
lon paul in 2008!!!!uno!!!22!!!!heil!!!

I absolutely support troops, 2 of my uncles are troops, my dad, and my grandfather. I am not saying that America hasnt benefitted the world. I just see a lot of problems in America that need addressing, healthcare, social security, education, obesity, and many others that need to be addressed before worrying about securing peace in an area where war has been the peoples lives longer than we have been a nation.

I am not sitting here saying we went to war over oil and I think we did the right thing in Afghanistan. I just see too many similarities starting to develop between Iraq and Vietnam. I think in Iraq, once the full job is done, that we need to cut OUR loses and get out and let these people live their lives.

My point is stating that we have a lot of soldiers abroad simply was to point out that we have a lot of troops abroad.

No one wants to go to war less than a soldier. Every soldier I have known has told me that. I understand their duty and that they are doing there jobs, thats why i want them better protected with full Kevlar and anything that can ensure their safety to the greatest extent.

I find the signature in your posts interesting, and true. None of us aside form the Soldier Monkeys know the brutality of war. I know wars are sometimes inevitable and necessary, but I think that if Iraq no longer wants our help, then we should leave. I have a close friend at an intelligence agency and while he couldnt tell me much told me that many areas are being run exclusively by Iraqis and no longer have American troops in them. I know this isnt the case all over the country, but we are making progress and getting things done. I know the job is not yet done over there, but hopefully once it is, we will get out. But I know there is not yet victory in Iraq

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
The US became a free nation in what? 1776? In the same year, following our independence, American troops were involved in the middle east. Guess who was the main man in charge of these operations? George and George W.'s great great great great granddaddy.
Holy ****ing ****. This post must be preserved for all eternity, for so many reasons.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I just see a lot of problems in America that need addressing, healthcare, social security, education, obesity, and many others that need to be addressed before worrying about securing peace in an area where war has been the peoples lives longer than we have been a nation.
But you can address all these issues by doing one thing:
Join the Army

By joining the Army, you are provided healthcare, you will get in shape, you get training and an education, then you will be sent to die in Iraq, so Social Security is no longer a concern.