Quantcast

Diesel Monkeys

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Then don't click on his website www.ujointoffroad.com . It may cost you said girlfriend.
I've been looking around quite a bit, i've wanted a van like that for a good ten years or longer. I am not sure I would be willing to give up the bed space in my truck....but the ability to sleep in the van would rock.

so whats the problem?

I was once engaged to a knockout blonde who gave me the choice, her or my bikes. I still have the bikes
If I really wanted the van badly enough I'd buy one, and she'd deal with it...but she prefers my truck.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
If I really wanted the van badly enough I'd buy one, and she'd deal with it...but she prefers my truck.
See that's the problem with females. They think they LOOK better in the pickup. My ex whined when I tried to get a van when I was looking for my last vehicle. She didn't care about the fact that the van was better to go camping in, and actually far more useful, she just wanted to look good in a 3/4 ton pickup. (seriously, she said it) Needless to say that girl is both retarded and long gone.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I bought my 7.3 with over 150k. It ran like a top. I drove the hell out of it. I put money into suspension, but the engine was solid. They all need a water pump at 150+, and mine did, but it's an easy job and gives you plenty of warning.
Sold it mainly because of the rough ride. Think carefully before you buy a solid axle diesel. Especially coming from somehting as squishy as a new Taco (also what I now drive)

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
AUSTIN (June 11, 2012)--The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality is offering $5.7 million in grants to replace diesel vehicles with ones that use hybrid or alternative energy technology.

The grants are available under the Texas Clean Fleet Program.

They can be applied to vehicles using electricity, natural gas, propane, hydrogen or methanol.

Organizations that have at least 75 on-road vehicles and intend to replace at least 20 diesel vehicles can apply for the grants.

Texas lawmakers have tried to encourage companies with large fleets of big diesel vehicles to switch to cleaner fuels and have also passed laws encouraging natural gas fueling stations around the Dallas-Houston-San Antonio triangle.

Many Texas cities are close to violating federal clean air standards.

Replacing older trucks and buses could help avert triggering strict federal rules.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Tri-Met switch city buses here to use B5 and has made an impact on both reduced emissions as well as less fossil fuels. Just a thought.