Quantcast

diet pills

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I heard on the news that there's going to be an OTC pill that blocks fat absorbtion.

Now, while the Atkins diet is controversial, it did prove that by limiting carb intake and/or boosting fat and protein intake, you can boost your metabolism and burn more body fat.

Also, don't people need some fat? Certainly the good fat (Omega 3?)?

If it does block fat absorbtion, aren't these people lowering their metabolism and hampenning the fat burning effort thereby making it a "diet" pill ineffective?

And what are the affects of not getting enough fat in ones diet?

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
I always thought that the body needs fat, hence "essential fatty acids". I'm very skeptical with this pill since it comes with the recommendation that users MUST maintain a low fat diet otherwise side effects may occur.

No thanks. I consider my chub as extra body armor when I crash.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
It causes a loose stool too. :D sounds like a good time.

I saw on tv that the directions actually say you should wear dark clothing and bring extra clothes with you incase you have an accident. ahahhahha.

kind of like those Olean potatoe chips...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
You can test Depends and see at what point they fail.

Kind of like Bounty paper towels for your ass.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The pill doesn't actually block any fat absorption.

You lose weight because everything you put in your mouth is immediately liquified and ejected from your anus.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Diet pills are a waste of money.......eat balanced meals and exercise.
Screw that. I just got a tapeworm and eat anything I want. I just have to occasionally cut off part of the little guy after it grows enough to protrude a few inches.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Its called Alli and it use to be a prescription.

Its $60 for 90 pills.

You will experience side effects if you eat real fatty foods. If taken corectly with the correct diet, you should not experience the dreaded gravy leg. :)