Quantcast

diets

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
if youre going low carb you have to ensure to get adequate calories from fats, eg cheese, olive oil, cod liver oil, avocado, butter, some animal fat in your meat. even cream. and vegetables of course for vitamins and minerals..

eating just protein instead of carbs is a pirric victory as the protein is then used for energy by the body instead of tissue repair and as such it acts like a simple carb.

ive been on this diet for over a year now and i cant see myself going back to eating carbs regularly ever again, i feel way better and have more energy. meal choices are somewhat limited tho, thats the downside

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
Pretty much all Commercialized diets are wrong and eventually not good for you(ie low carb and low fat). Only one out there I have seen that actually is correct is the PALEOLITHIC DIET.

http://www.earth360.com/diet_paleodiet_balzer.html

Low carb diet is not the right idea, no refined carbohydrate diet is.

yeah thats actually closer to the way i structure my diet than most low carb diets, i eat loads of veg, meat, olive oil..and never add salt or unneccesary sauces.. but i do eat lentils and oats. on a saturday i eat what i want. alot of whey protein also

are you on the paleo diet? if so how do you find it?

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
ONE right diet for EVERYONE?! .....who knew...:lighten:
I sense scarcasm haha. If you actually read I said, only one I have come across. But yes these foods are pretty much what everyone should be eating. It's not a diet that restricts your carbs or protein or fat intake. It just restricts the foods you get all these from IE: Healthy all natural food.

Last edited:

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
yeah thats actually closer to the way i structure my diet than most low carb diets, i eat loads of veg, meat, olive oil..and never add salt or unneccesary sauces.. but i do eat lentils and oats. on a saturday i eat what i want. alot of whey protein also

are you on the paleo diet? if so how do you find it?
Yes, I've been on it since July 16th. I started it the day I had ACL surgery b/c i gained weight before the surgery due to not being able to do anything. I was 6ft and 193lbs. Within a month I was down to 175lbs(still 6ft haha). That was with only eating correctly and working out 3 times a week(physical therapy). I am right around 169-171lbs now. I've been on that "diet" since then and started BikeJames' Ultimate Mountain Bike Workout in November. My leg strength is 100% and getting stronger. It's amazing how good you feel throughout the whole day just eating natural food. I do still drink beer but probably only 2-3 a week if that.

For the most part all I eat is: Chicken, Fish(mostly tuna or albacore), Turkey, eggs, fresh organic veggies, fresh organic fruit and almonds.

Last edited:

knittingfiend

Monkey
Jun 13, 2008
A tick north of Seattle
I sense scarcasm haha. If you actually read I said, only one I have come across. But yes these foods are pretty much what everyone should be eating. It's not a diet that restricts your carbs or protein or fat intake. It just restricts the foods you get all these from IE: Healthy all natural food.
You didn't take the time to understand what I was writing, or the fact that you aren't the only expert in the world of nutrition. What if you're allergic to almonds? And there is a therapeutic use of white rice! There's a whole world of nutrition therapy, and they all work for someone!

.....and yes, that was sarcasm! :clapping:

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
You didn't take the time to understand what I was writing, or the fact that you aren't the only expert in the world of nutrition. What if you're allergic to almonds? And there is a therapeutic use of white rice! There's a whole world of nutrition therapy, and they all work for someone!

.....and yes, that was sarcasm! :clapping:
Lol it's a generalized diet as far as the specific foods you eat, as long as there actually healthy. If you're allergic to almonds fine don't eat them. White rice is just bleached brown rice, brown rice is better for you haha.

discombob

Chimp
May 23, 2006
A, A
How about eating nothing but primarily raw, whole foods like fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds in highly creative and exciting ways that taste awesome? I know there probably isn't one diet for everyone, but check out this blog for examples and rawfoodtalk for the details, since it sounds like this is what you might be looking for!

Depending on where you live, their could be a raw or "living foods" restaurant near you. Just ask on rawfoodtalk and they will let you know quick.

http://therawchefblog.com/category/raw-recipes/

http://www.rawfoodtalk.com

discombob

Chimp
May 23, 2006
A, A
...or better yet(!), if you really want to understand what is optimal to eat and just try and work towards it gradually from wherever you are, sign up and recieve a free e-mail link to the lectures by Dr. Adiel Tel-Oren at this site:

http://www.thetruthaboutyourfood.com

Completely inspiring, but he talks slowly, so don't forget to speed in up in Windows Media Player or like-software to cut your learning time in half of what they recorded! ;)

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
if youre going low carb you have to ensure to get adequate calories from fats, eg cheese, olive oil, cod liver oil, avocado, butter, some animal fat in your meat. even cream. and vegetables of course for vitamins and minerals..

eating just protein instead of carbs is a pirric victory as the protein is then used for energy by the body instead of tissue repair and as such it acts like a simple carb.

ive been on this diet for over a year now and i cant see myself going back to eating carbs regularly ever again, i feel way better and have more energy. meal choices are somewhat limited tho, thats the downside

Keep an eye on that saturated fat intake though. Don't want to lose weight just to have your cholesterol sky rocket.

i find that I do better with a higher protein lower carb balance as well. Less moddy, more energy, less bloated/gross feeling. I found the best diet for me though. It's called the "don't drink that whole bottle of wine tonight Laura" diet. :)