Quantcast

Diff between roco wc 2007 and 8....?

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
HI, im looking for something to replace my dhx 5.0 and am looking mostly at the roco world cup. Is there a diff between the 2007 and 8? (even something as small as a revised dampening curve)

Is dampening the right term?????:imstupid:

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
I'm not sure on the differences between the two, if any.

But I do know Damping is the right word. Dampening is what you do to the back of a postal stamp.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
No change to the damping curve at all. In rebuilding a shock from each year back to back, the only difference I found was that the outside bleed port now has a small allen head bolt instead of the old Phillips head bolt. Shim stacks and porting and volumes are all completely the same.

The only significant change was after the '06 shock where they had a heavier shaft made of...steel? Can't remember, but it was silver and heavier.

roco 2008 has a smaller ai chamber and also a new range of pressure 170 to 210. the 2007 has 180 to 220psi. i dont know if its meanin somethin...
But its true that roco has a better small bump sensivity than dhx 5.0?

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
The air chamber size is adjustable.

The oil on the '08 might be in better condition is all.

miuan

Monkey
Jan 12, 2007
Bratislava, Slovakia
I heard it is enough to let air out, remove the schrader valve and you can actually move the IPF by turning it in or out. I'd like to make my roco more progressive but never had enough courage to do the trick myself. Is it truly that easy? Or you have to add/remove oil via bleed screw to compensate for changed volume?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yes, when you adjust the IFP you have to adjust the oil level as well. Generally I don't mess with the IFP unless I'm bleeding the shock.