Quantcast

Difference between 2005 and 2006 fox 40 RC2 ??

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
It is identical to the later run of '05s. early '05s had a slightly different casting for the lowers.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
They are not that bad,i have only seen a few pairs broke and thats on the net.I know a very hard rider and hes done good on the all season and they havent broke

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
they changed nothing except for the stickers i just got a 06 36 and that is the only diffference from the 05. fox emailed me with information that says for doesent change thier products every year because when they come out with the product it is the best it could ever become

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
hey fox are stronger than most forks they buy other forks from other company to make sure of that they have no weakness anymore is what i heard

Eno

Chimp
Nov 19, 2001
They were intending to change the hydraulic bottom out rings to smoother bushing type thingies... Not sure if that has made it to the '06 production.

Thing is, Fox suspension makes running changes to their model lineup as and when they see room for refinement. A lot of it is not very apparent. Especially when they change internals. For example, the '05 RP3 rear shock and the '06 one has almost completely different shim piston design, yet they are exactly similar externally.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
zmtber said:
hey fox are stronger than most forks they buy other forks from other company to make sure of that they have no weakness anymore is what i heard
Every fork company buys forks from other manufacturers.

No such thing as "no weakness." Every fork has downsides, some just have less downsides, and different downsides than others.