Quantcast

Difference between Hope Pro II 135x10 "bolt-in" and "Saint compatible"

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
I'm having trouble discerning the difference between the two Hope offerings in the subject line. I believe the Saint compatible works for all 135x10 thru-axles, but I have zero idea what the bolt-in offering works for. I would use this rear hub for the 2010 Demo 8 frame. Any clarification is greatly appreciated!

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
saint would be for using a thru axle setup

bolt-in is where you'd have two bolts that screw into the hub axle (not a skewer or thru-axle).

If you've got a 10mm axle that'd probably be the best option to go with otherwise you could go with the bolt-in option, and last would be QR

Last edited:

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
saint would be for using a thru axle setup

bolt is where you'd have two bolts that screw into the hub axle (not a skewer or thru-axle).

If you've got a 10mm axle that'd probably be the best option to go with otherwise you could go with the bolt-in option, and last would be QR
Thanks for the info. I'm probably going to go with the 10mm thru axle option. Out of curiosity, is the bolt-in option suitable(strong enough) for DH riding?

juanbeegas

Monkey
May 6, 2008
Singapore
I've been running the 10mm bolt on version for 2 years. Supposedly lighter than running a thru axle and just as strong. The only gripe I have with them is that the bolts are a little soft and can get rounded very easily if you're not careful tightening them.
From what I can remember, there are the 10mm thru axles, 12mm thru axles, 10mm bolt ons, 10mm Saint(old) axles and QR convertors though, so you're pretty much covered with Pro 2 hubs for everything.

Last edited:

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Get a DT Swiss thru bolt rear 10mm skraxle. Nice and stiff yet easy to get on and off.
just got one for my Transition Double very nice. I have a Hope Pro2 10mm through axle, a Hope Pro2 ss with bolt in axle, atomlab with bolt in and a DT swiss 440/Hugi FR with bolt through. i prefer the bolt through axles by far and use Hadley's axle. it works great with most 10mm through axles. The DT Swiss skraxle is very nice also.

With the Hope bolt in i switched out the allen head bolts for longer regular bolts. The stock bolts are short and the allen heads strip out.