Quantcast

Dig BMX

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
I like Dig. Seems like they've been around forever but don't grow stale. ..although I haven't picked one up in over a year so not sufficiently exposed to rate their current freshfactor. sittingduck says this one is sweet so there ya' go.

Anyone know their start date?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Anyone know their start date?
from their faq's page...

Dig BMX issue 1 was published in October 1993.

they had some money troubles for a few years and some years didn't seem to publish any magazines... Looks like they've been on track for the last few years though.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
dig is one of my favorite biking magazines, regardless of wheel size. now that i have a job again I can afford a subscription!

keltron

Chimp
Dec 9, 2008
i'm glad i stumbled upon this thread!
ive been reading it for years
good to know theres some more readers out there, across the pond too!

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I finally picked this up; it's a must read. First mag I've bought off the newstand in.. a decade?

Anyone know if the UK and US editions have different content? I got the US vers, and was surprised at how much US-centric articles there are.

cheers

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Checked it out at B&N on Sat. Good issue, lots of trails and stories, all u.s. based.
You might want to take a closer look.... Chertsy, Brighouse, Epsom, Evergreen, Villij, Winchester, Decoy trails all have stories and pictures in there, and all UK. There are also pics of several other UK spots in there.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
I've been looking for this issue but haven't seen it at the local Borders. I'll swing by the B&N tomorrow and see.

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
You might want to take a closer look.... Chertsy, Brighouse, Epsom, Evergreen, Villij, Winchester, Decoy trails all have stories and pictures in there, and all UK. There are also pics of several other UK spots in there.
Hmmmm, I may have had to many bong rips, it was Saturday morning. :crazy:

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Finally found it. If you ride any trails this is a must get issue. Lots of good reading about the PUSH trails and the locals that really brought trails up a few notches not to mention UK stuff and Austin. Really gives a feel for what we trail riders do.

Local hero Butters aka Kevin Lyons got a shot in there by Dolecki. Speaking of Dolecki, DIG really should have put a pic of him in this issue. Maybe not a trick ferret but Dolecki rides trails as good as he takes photos.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
hey doods
if i see some copies around ill buy for those who cannot find. let me know and i can ship em out. i wouldn't mind another copy for myself too :)