Quantcast

Dig dug. My winter dig thread.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
This is where i'm gonna post what me and my homies are digging on all winter. No riding shots, just digging progress.
We got a lot of spots to dig at this season, so this thread should be the goods. I'll post pics when ever we throw dirt, wich is a lot.

First, me and my neighbor decided to combine yards to make a sick Backyard setup. It's gonna be a pumptrack/jumptrack. Gonna either pull out a section of fence, or make a dub to gap over the fence to combine the 2 yards.
Here is what we have so far. Only a hand full of days of digging went into this. It will be nuts when i'm done.

Dig or die fools.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
you have great dirt zach, ours here in PA is pretty damn good but not as pretty.

hose access is the hotness...
Yeah, i can't complain about the dirt back there. It's real good. Not a lot of rocks, just epic red clay. Don't worry, i spend plenty of time digging in rock gardens.
I'll be digging all day tomorrow in the ****ty dirt out at Secret. There are 2 kinds of dirt at Secret, the upper level, and the lower level. The lower level is so good, and the upper blows as$. We are building on the uper level now.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Yeah, it's all done by hand, except for the new spot, that had a ton of tracktor work.
I dig with Aaron Day, Clint Chandler, Norcal Chad, Kidwoo, Chris Singer.
That's about it for Norcal.

I will be digging a lot in SoCal this winter, with a ripping crew of shovels.

Chris, Magalia is way sicker than Chico.

Ben, wait til i dig for another few weeks. $hit will be way tech, and tight.

Fence jump is def sounding like the best option right now.

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
With the attention to detail that your trails seem to always have, making the most of the existing features, I am doubtful that you were really thinking about removing the fence. Keeping the fence in play just makes for so many options. A fence spine, berm that goes vert at the fence, and fence gap of death all come to mind.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I love the knuckle prints on the back of the hip landing. I never have the patience to make all sides of a lip/landing look nice but your stuff is motivating me to make more of an effort. Nice backyard setup.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
As always, the stuff is looking great. There is a lot of extra work that you guys do that some people may not notice but it's awesome to see the fine tuning and all the small extras you guys do. Always puts a smile on my face and gives some extra motivation for my spot.

seth505

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
CA
I'd lean toward a double over the fence...dirt spine is gonna shoot dirt everywhere and need to be rebuilt every 8 minutes because the fences moves

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
I'd lean toward a double over the fence...dirt spine is gonna shoot dirt everywhere and need to be rebuilt every 8 minutes because the fences moves
I hadn't considered that. You are right on that one. Since we are all living vicariously through this project, what about a step-up over it, just to increase the manly factor?

Liquid Fl0w$

Chimp
Jan 12, 2008
Digging that new line! Just wanted to know if you are connecting it up with the orignal line or going elsewhere?

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
touche...Just sold my Fixie so now I look for a new deuce

I have a winter spot....WAY too sandy for summer riding.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Looks fast!!!
For reals. $hit is stupid fast.

The lip out of that downhill burm will be over 6 feet high, and steep as hell, to an 18 foot gap to the landing. It has to be that way to combat the insane amount of speed you have after the burm.