Quantcast

Digi cam question.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
BAH's "story" posts allong with JDcam's "who here actualy rides" has inspired me. I need to start carying a camera on my sorted bike rides, and at other times where a DSLR just won't fit. However I know nothing about the digicams currently on the market, I am partial to Canon and would like a 4-8 mega pixel camera that is fairly compact and decently durrable. What's out there that fits these peramiters?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I've used the Canon S70 quite a bit and it's a very nice little camera. The new S80 is the same camera in a more compact package - which was the only failing I found with the S70.

Full range of manual controls, too!

Sturdy little camera and it'll fit fine into a Camelbak.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
A good friend of mine just got herself a Canon SD600 and I think it's great! Huge screen on the back, takes great looking pictures, 6mp, blah blah blah. I use a an SD450 at work, which I love and have an older version of the A620.

If you're going for something more compact and easier to use a DSLR I would definitely go that route and get one of the Canon SD-series cameras. Sure the A-series packs a bit more in the way of features and battery power but it's just too big to carry around on a bike; they feel like a brick. The SD's are perfect to stick in your pocket and tack amazing photos for their size. You won't be disappointed.