Quantcast

Digi-pix from Post Canyon

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
We had to leave a little early because of a slight :eek: injury. Luckily our "guide" knew the access roads so we were able to shuttle him out quick. He was the young dude rippin' the XC hardtail in the bottom pic above.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
I wanted to get more pix but everyone was so stoked to be there we never stopped long. The snow near the top was one of the funnest parts of the ride. The logs were too slick to ride but everything else was pretty sweet. Can't wait to get back. :cool:

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
So that's where you were? Looks lika good time man. I must say, you never get any pics of yourself. Did you hit the road gap thing in the first few pics. Looks like a fun one. Gonna hit the Shore in a few weeks.....interested? Gotta pedal though!!!

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
I'm still waiting for a picture of myself. There were a few cameras there. No, I did not hit the road gap although I'm regretting it now. Had a new rig and hadn't been riding for weeks so I didn't want to push anything. I had the rapid rise(backwards from what I'm used to) shifting put on the new rig because of a mis-communication so I was struggling with that every time I sprinted towards a jump. I don't know about the shore. My bike isn't a very good pedaler uphill. Huckwagon anyone?

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
OUCH! That hurt! Here's one of me hittin' one of the smaller drops near the top. And one of the new race machine. What do you think?

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
Looks good man! So how does it ride compared to the bullit?
I like the black r. triangle with the red front. Are you running an RC on the back?

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
Sssh! Don't tell anyone about the RC. It will probably be replaced in the near future. It doesn't pedal like the bullit. This thing just wants to go downhill and corner tight. The fork doesn't look as good as I thought it would with this color scheme but at this point who cares!? I'm gonna have to change my handle to "TMFKA Bullitrider".

So where is the ride this weekend?

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
A few guys and I might be at Post Canyon this weekend if my shock shows up in time..... not sure which day but I'll post when I find out.

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
The ride is the Shore baby!!! Is that thing pedallable? I rode Fromme last yr. with my BHit with a S.crown and it wasn't too bad, but the Shiver is gonna be a fight for sure going up!!

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
I'd like to but I still need to renew my passport. I always get hassled by the man when I go North. I was thinkin' Seatac on Saturday and that other place I was telling you about on Sunday.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
No it's the code word for passport. I need to renew it. There's plenty of weed in Canada. No need to risk bringing any. Yes Corporate, they do care. I was interrogated fully because my buddy had a tie-dyed air freshener that smelled like petchuli. They thought we were trying to disguise the "real" smell.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Corporatefailure said:
the folks goin in dont really care its just when you come back out.
Usually that's true. I had the "luck" of going up there last summer when the Canadian guards were protesting their wages being significantly lower than their American counterparts. They decided to slow down all incoming traffic by doing a thorough check. I only had one form of ID and they actually turned me around. Needless to say, I have at least two forms of proper ID for the crossing anymore.

I owe Pip a lift ticket @ Whistler for that one.:o: