Quantcast

Digial Cam Thread update - Sony DSC-w5

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Seems to be a hot topic so I thought I’d share a little of my experiences with the monkey.
Ok I bought a Nikon s5 because it fit in my jersey pocket and it had nothing poking or sticking out of it so there is less to break. I did a little search and people said they like it. BUT the company never shipped it. In the mean time I found that it really wasnt going to do the job for 'me.' So I dropped to #2 on the list the sony w5.
It's very very small. Not a whole lot of manual controls and has a good imager and decent optics. But it does have a pop out lens.
These are only prelim shots. The set of bike photos were taken late at night after a few beers all the settings were auto and close focus. But I did see potential in them.
The second set is also all close focus and taken during the day, all auto BUT the ISO is manually set to 80. The fstop on the butterfly should have been set a click higher to get it all in (just 1 minor adjustment i'd like trying to figure out how to do it.) I have several more tests to do before I get a good handle on it’s capabilities but I believe it’s going to do a great jorb.

set 2

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Nice pictures - I love Sony cameras personally. I think their feature set and ergonomics are really easy to use.

Have fun with it!