Quantcast

Digital Rebel problem/help

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I just got my digi rebel today and all was going great until i starting messing with the manual settings...Now i have a problem and am not sure exactly how to fix it. Now the camera wont take pictures or auto focus in the "M" and "AV" modes. I know this vauge hopefully a really experienced digi guy can help me narrow this down. Its really frustraiting. Thanks :monkey:'s_Manhattn

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
did you flip the M/AF switch on the lens?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Toshi said:
did you flip the M/AF switch on the lens?
yeah when i put it on AF i cant get it to work :confused:

i depress the shutter button and nothing happens, nor will it auto focus at a half depression...

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
hmm, which focusing point do you have selected?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
manhattanprjkt83 said:
another dumb question, as you can see i am a total rookie, if it is on A/F should you never have to touch the lense?
yep, altho it is convenient to hold the camera up with right hand on grip and left under the lens (no second e for lens singular) when you get into the longer glass.

how to check focusing point: uh, little button and then rotate the front wheel (by shutter) until all or the center are selected. it's the rightmost button in this shot: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos350d/page7.asp adjust as appropriate for digirebel vs. digirebel xt as in shot.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
i don't! photo gear (and photography, i suppose :D) is something i am into, just a lucky coincidence, and i have a canon with similar layout as the digirebel

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
the other problem i am having is i am not able to use the screen when the camera is in P Tv Av or M modes
i was able to earlier but it wont let me anymore... :mumble:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
manhattan you just look for the reset button and start with the instruction manual.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Ok i have narrowed down the problem. When i change the AF/M selector on the lens, to manual i can shoot in all of the possible settings. However when i change it back to auto focus it wont take a picture in M AV TV or P but the others work, and the lense will auto focus on the subject. Does this help?