Quantcast

dinner of champions!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Since my last name is miller, I sometimes drink miller. MGD is not great, but I can swig the high life. Ramen is piss.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
brungeman said:
I think they just reduced the price, it is like a palet of the stuff for $1.0298... How could you go wrong?
That's before the $0.50 off coupon... which, of course, is doubled on the "Double Mfr. Coupon" days.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Top Ramen is good stuff. I love the ones that come in the Styrofoam containers. It’s a little more expensive, but well worth the money…

I can deal with MGD, but I've always been a Coors Light man...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
binary visions said:
That's before the $0.50 off coupon... which, of course, is doubled on the "Double Mfr. Coupon" days.
'Round these parts, every day is double manufacturer coupon day....as long as the coupon is under a dollar.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
blt2ride said:
I can deal with MGD, but I've always been a Coors Light man...
:dead:

Coors Light is even nastier than MGD. I'd rather drink Keystone Light than Coors Light. At least Keystone has no flavor instead of a nasty one.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
binary visions said:

Coors Light is even nastier than MGD. I'd rather drink Keystone Light than Coors Light. At least Keystone has no flavor instead of a nasty one.
No doubt.
Keystone Light should be served in the bottled water dept.
And I am almost positive that Coors light is 25% urine.

I love Ramen. Cheap or not.
One time we grilled steak, and ate it over Ramen noodles.
All kinds of wrong.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
binary visions said:

no way. coors light is the most tasteless beer i can think of, so that automatically disqualifies it from being nastier than MGD.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Heh. my dinner last night was Pastaroni and a Dogfish Head.

Kind of a somewhat yuppy slightly upmarket version of Lovebunny's dinner...

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
binary visions said:

I’ve always liked Coors Light, because it is the one light beer that is less likely to give its drinkers a beer belly. I like a light beer, so the taste has never really bothered me. To each their own I guess...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
RhinofromWA said:
Dude beer is, well beer.

At the bar I will drink Bud, Bud light, Corona, Mack & Jacks, etc. It is all beer....;)

That is all crappy beer, there are beers out there of exponentially higher quality. Beer made with good ingredients, not cattlefeed. Rice is for saki, not beer.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Westy said:
That is all crappy beer, there are beers out there of exponentially higher quality. Beer made with good ingredients, not cattlefeed. Rice is for saki, not beer.
You guys must lift your pinkies when you drink beer....

:p

I don't get off on burnt beer, bitter beers, it is all beer but even the fancy stuff tastes like, well beer. :rolleyes:

I place beer snobs in with wine snobs.....know-a-lot-of-nothings :D but continue to discuse how all beer not made by a computer engineer in silicon valley is swill.

I lift a Raineer and toast to the beer snobs!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
RhinofromWA said:
You guys must lift your pinkies when you drink beer....

:p

I don't get off on burnt beer, bitter beers, it is all beer but even the fancy stuff tastes like, well beer. :rolleyes:

I place beer snobs in with wine snobs.....know-a-lot-of-nothings :D but continue to discuse how all beer not made by a computer engineer in silicon valley is swill.

I lift a Raineer and toast to the beer snobs!
Wanting to have TASTE in a beer is not being a snob. And if you can't taste the difference then you just don't have the tastebuds for it. But I do understand where you are coming from... all wine tastes the same to me... like sour grapes.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Ciaran said:
Wanting to have TASTE in a beer is not being a snob. And if you can't taste the difference then you just don't have the tastebuds for it. But I do understand where you are coming from... all wine tastes the same to me... like sour grapes.
Bingo. Some of us like high quality beer because we're not just pounding it down to get sh!tfaced on it. We actually enjoy the taste of a good beer.

And a good wine is the same thing. There's nothing snobby about it, it's just a matter of liking something a little more refined than ricewater or grapejuice.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
RhinofromWA said:
I place beer snobs in with wine snobs.....
I'm not sure where snobbery came into this. I'll drink just about any non-"lite" beer, but I stand by the statement that MGD tastes like ass :p

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
I learned in my massage therapy class that there's enough MSG in Top Ramen to kill a 5 year old kid...of course, I quit the class because the teacher was a fruitcake...so who knows about the raman...

and when I drink I like my beer to taste like something other than piss water....that's why I opt for a Sammy Smith's oatmeal stout or a Newcastle nut brown ale...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I don't consider myself a snob cause I like a good micro brew, or my own homebrew. I have a list of beers that don't "agree" with me most of which are mass market beers.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
goodtobeIrie said:
I learned in my massage therapy class that there's enough MSG in Top Ramen to kill a 5 year old kid...of course, I quit the class because the teacher was a fruitcake...so who knows about the raman...
Ramen GODDAMMIT!! And what's inherently wrong with MSG? :confused:

and when I drink I like my beer to taste like something other than piss water....that's why I opt for a Sammy Smith's oatmeal stout or a Newcastle nut brown ale...
I'll let narlus tell you about Newcastle............. :p