Quantcast

dinner thread

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
screw tops rock. i had a very nice aussie shiraz sat night w/ a screw top. the aesthetics of cork are nice, until you plunk down $$$ for a bottle of vinegar.

I've only run into a couple bottles of skunk, and they were the same Cote du Rhone - must've been a bad case. Luckily, my local wine joint took 'em back and gave me credit for something drinkable. :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Last nights dinner was an onion bagel. Living the high life.
Tonight I'm going to take things up a notch and have a can of soup.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SkaredShtles said:
I've only run into a couple bottles of skunk, and they were the same Cote du Rhone - must've been a bad case. Luckily, my local wine joint took 'em back and gave me credit for something drinkable. :thumb:
agreed, it's not a problem for stuff that you turn around fast, but what about if you bought a case of '95 bordeaux and didn't open until ten years from now? odds of you getting a refund from the retailer are slight, i'd think.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
narlus said:
agreed, it's not a problem for stuff that you turn around fast, but what about if you bought a case of '95 bordeaux and didn't open until ten years from now? odds of you getting a refund from the retailer are slight, i'd think.
Hmmm........ I'd be bummed. :p

Luckily, wine only lasts about a week in our house. :D

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
SkaredShtles said:
Hmmm........ I'd be bummed. :p

Luckily, wine only lasts about a week in our house. :D
what size bottles? I can kill a big bottle in a night...

that may not be something to brag about though.... :oink:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SkaredShtles said:
Along those lines - you ever had a good rose? I tried one the other evening and wasn't too thrilled with it.

Maybe I matched it with the wrong food............
no i haven't, but a friend was trying to convince me that the Bandol he's got was pretty nice. if i want a light wine, i'll do sav blanc or unoaked chard. or a dry reisling.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
narlus said:
no i haven't, but a friend was trying to convince me that the Bandol he's got was pretty nice. if i want a light wine, i'll do sav blanc or unoaked chard. or a dry reisling.
That's my take, but I thought I'd expand my horizons. I'm going to try again some time, but it might be awhile.............. :D

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
tonight is Red Lentil soup (ho' made of course) and good crusty bread.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
TreeSaw said:
Tonight's menu....
Pork Loin Roast (seasoned with garlic & onion)
Wild Mushroom & Herb Rice
Steamed Asparagus or a garden salad...not sure which yet
sounds good. :drool:

tonight is rib night.

luckily my wife checked the gas grill, because some moron forgot to turn off the gas last time he used it. :dead:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
SkaredShtles said:
Along those lines - you ever had a good rose? I tried one the other evening and wasn't too thrilled with it.

Maybe I matched it with the wrong food............

i tried a remy pannier rose d'anjou. i liked it a lot. tn even liked it, and he doesn't like rose.

last night for dinner we had chicken burgers with smoked gouda and topped with wild mushroom and shallots. fries and grilled veggies.

tonight i had a stirfried tofu with lemon grass salad with fish sauce and hot chili pepper as dressing.

tn had left over burgers.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
laura said:
tonight i had a stirfried tofu with lemon grass salad with fish sauce and hot chili pepper as dressing.
how do you do the tofu? what kind do you use? do you freeze it first?

fish sauce sucks!