Quantcast

dinner thread

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
pnj said:
how do you do the tofu? what kind do you use? do you freeze it first?

fish sauce sucks!

got it from the vietnamese place down the street. i don't know what tofu they use, but i know they deep fry it in a wok. fish sauce is the glue that holds the culinary world together. if you don't like fish sauce, you can never truly like anything else.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
SkaredShtles said:
You should find yourself a French doctor - I hear they recommend small quantities of wine for pregnant wimmen. :thumb: :D
Actually my Dr. also recommends 4-6 ounces of red wine for me (a few times per week even) as well :thumb: I just didn't have any good stuff left and I am not a big fan of white...that's what the hubby had a Chard.
I will be having some pinot noir with my dinner tonight (I hope)!

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
laura said:
got it from the vietnamese place down the street. i don't know what tofu they use, but i know they deep fry it in a wok. fish sauce is the glue that holds the culinary world together. if you don't like fish sauce, you can never truly like anything else.
I thought you made it...:(

how many bottles of fish sauce do you have in your house?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
pnj said:
I thought you made it...:(

how many bottles of fish sauce do you have in your house?
i wish i could make lemon grass tofu. every-time i try it never turns out right. when i try to get the recipe from my friends at pho hoah binh, there is a major communication breakdown. I only have one bottle of fish sauce i my house. i use it as salad dressing. had some on my salad today too actually.