Quantcast

Dinner?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Yes, another Dinner thread, but since the "season" is upon us, whats everyone having for dinner to accompany there training?

Tonight I am having baked bourbon chicken with Mashed Potatoes, and brussel Sprouts. I was also on the trainer for an hour while the chicken baked, Oh and for drink, A big tall glass of Soy milk!!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
We had homemade Mexican Falafal with pinto beans, chilis, garlic, onion, cilantro, green onions, crushed tortilla chips, cumin, and jalapeno monterey jack cheese. The spread was made of plum tomoto, red onions, lime juice and a dash of salt. All this went into a pita and my belly!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
onions, sliced chicken breast, sauteed, then delglazed w/ a bit of white wine. added some stock, some baby bellas, then covered and lowered the heat.

added some small white beans, and a few squirts of roasted habanero sauce. heated a tortilla, sprinkled w/ chopped parsley, voila! instant meal.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
We had homemade Mexican Falafal with pinto beans, chilis, garlic, onion, cilantro, green onions, crushed tortilla chips, cumin, and jalapeno monterey jack cheese. The spread was made of plum tomoto, red onions, lime juice and a dash of salt. All this went into a pita and my belly!
Sounds damn good to me.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Short ribs braised in Chimay and onions served with homemade mac n' cheese FTW!

Another winner from Zuni. Oh man it was good. As was the Qupe syrah and the Ridge zin (York Creek) we drank with it.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
:drool::drool::drool::drool:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
a mediocre chicken parm sub, differing from the norm of the turkey sub for dinner. the food on campus sucks. :(

i'm looking forward to heading home for a couple days next week.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Tonight I'm making a Potato and Asparagus Chowder. Not sure if I should roast some of the asparagus first or not.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Leonard's shrimp.

Consists of a basic onion, garlic, tomato sauce with shrimp, cream, and asparagus added near the end.

Also some weeds with a simple balsamic + EVOO "dressing."

Fruit salad consisting of kiwi fruit and strawberries.

:drool:

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
I've been grilling a ton of chicken, all different types and sorts.

But, ran out of propane, so tonight was Top Ramen. Delicious after spin class.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Went to the 'famous' Redbones BBQ in somerville ma. Ate mediocre ribs and pulled pork served by a fixie rider in chick pants. WTF is this world coming to?

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
Sushi. Eel rolls in particular and yellowtail. So tasty and a good source of protein. Gets kind of expensive though. Gotta learn how to make some homemade sushi. Also I have been having a lot of Miso soup and homemade pad thai. Last night I had roasted and fired chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn. Of course, I have been eating a ton of Chipotle and Lemonade, the lunch of champions.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Went to the 'famous' Redbones BBQ in somerville ma. Ate mediocre ribs and pulled pork served by a fixie rider in chick pants. WTF is this world coming to?
mediocre? which ones did you go w/ ?

the st louis are the best bet, imo. substitute dirty rice for slaw.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I like Redbones. I could go for some right now. I was pleasantly surprised with my Redbones experience in that they don't give you enough food to feed an army like other bbq places I've been to. There was room for beer!

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
6lbs of tipsy braised pork shoulder.

Whatever else is on the menu doesn't matter. I can't believe how delicious it is.