Quantcast

Dipping Tobacco

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
OGRipper said:
Now maybe you can tell what's good about it, and how it's worth it?
i don't know about dip, but chew gave me one hell of a buzz. quick, too. i mainly did it while parking carts at the golf course (after hours). swallowed some of that **** once. big mistake.

VTApe

Monkey
Feb 5, 2005
Vermont
yeahhh swallowing sucks. I did it once on a chairlift last year. Had to take off my shirt/jacket in 10 degree weather because I felt like I was going to die... never again.

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
I wouldn't reccomend it if you care about your long term health. It's not something that's going to make you cool. You're either cool or you're not. Dipping isn't going to change that. I don't really know why I started, or exactly when.

I'm completly addicted. Kodiak Straight and Ice are my most frequent dips. I chew too. And smoke. Yeah, I'm a sure fine candidate for cancer. Darn.

But damn, there's nothing better than being in an authority position and dipping while you're yelling at people. Spitting in their general direction and whatnot. Good disrespectful stuff.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
profro said:
I once I decided to quit I poured out my can and I've never had a chew or dip since (about seven years now). I'm much happier with more money in my pocket and no dependence. Just say no thanks and move along.
Just trashed my last tin of apple. I'm not addicted, I just do it for the occasional buzz. I still have one more thing..... ****

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
ThePriceSeliger said:
Just trashed my last tin of apple. I'm not addicted, I just do it for the occasional buzz. I still have one more thing..... ****
Good decision. The real problem with doing it once in a while isn't that "once in a while" is going to hurt you much. The bigger problem is that nothing addictive stays "once in a while" - it turns into occasionally, then regularly, then frequently. And when you quit, it's hard.

I got myself addicted to tobacco for a while (usually rolled my own, less frequently I'd smoke Marlboros) several years ago. It was easy to justify as something I only did when I was pretty drunk, and frankly, if it stayed that way there's almost no chance it would have had a negative impact on my health. But then it was when I was only a little buzzed. And then whenever I had a beer. Finally it started being something I'd do when I was bored... all the while, of course, I was convinced I wasn't addicted. One day I ran out and was sitting around and all I could think about was going out and getting more. So I quit - cold turkey. Just made me realize that I had turned into a "smoker", which I had sworn all my life I'd never be one.