Quantcast

Dire Straits – Must have albums?

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
These guys are often neglected, probably because of that money for nothing video, but they’re awesome musicians and it’s time I included them in my music collection.

Ok fans name me the top must own albums of theirs:
?
?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Sultans of Swing and Romeo and Juliet.....ah.....beauuuuuuutiful.

i can't help Ton, but see if you can find Monte Montgomery's cover of Sultans... and Romeo...

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
1. Making Movies

The only one I have and is my favorite. Has Romeo & Juliet on it as well as Espresso Love and many other incredible songs. I keep meaning to pick up the CD with S of S on it, but I hear it so often on the radio I don't bother.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
The Toninator said:
These guys are often neglected, probably because of that money for nothing video, but they’re awesome musicians and it’s time I included them in my music collection.

Ok fans name me the top must own albums of theirs:
?
?
I think your list is pretty accurate already on the "must have" Dire Straits albums. :rolleyes: :D

-S.S.-

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
update:

i got 2 of the 3 albums in and i'm pleased with both of them. I got On Every Street and Making Movies. I like both but i'm leaning towards OES as my favorite. Best song "Calling Elvis" but theres plenty of good ones. On Making movies "Romeo and Juliet" is good but there are other that are even better.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Ton, if you've got some way to d/l music, seach for Monte Montgomery's New and Improved (Live Recordings) and Covers Live. good ****. 1 of those is a 2 disc set that apparently isn't suported by Monte, and i believe it's put out by Antone's Records, which is based here in Austin.