Quantcast

Direct mount stems for DC forks.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
How many of you are running a direct mount stem on your DC forks ?
I may get another 03 Boxxer WC. I had sold my Romic crown & stem i had to my friend but he's not using it because he is using a OS bar..I would want to use my new OS bar too,but with a solid direct mount stem.
What other options are out there for a 03 Boxxer WC for a direct mount stem with OS bar ? ?

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
How many of you are running a direct mount stem on your DC forks ?
I may get another 03 Boxxer WC. I had sold my Romic crown & stem i had to my friend but he's not using it because he is using a OS bar..I would want to use my new OS bar too,but with a solid direct mount stem.
What other options are out there for a 03 Boxxer WC for a direct mount stem with OS bar ? ?
You could get a 2005 or newer Boxxer top crown. It is drilled for direct mount stems and you would have plenty of options.

ATOMICFIREBALL

May 26, 2004
Tennessee
You could get a 2005 or newer Boxxer top crown. It is drilled for direct mount stems and you would have plenty of options.
I thought the 05 Boxxers were wider ?! They look wider.
If so,wouldn't i be looking at getting an upper crown & steerer tube,plus a wider axle that probably wouldn't fit?So forget it if that's the case?

ATOMICFIREBALL

May 26, 2004
Tennessee
I am 100% sure that a 2005 crown will fit on a 2003-2004 boxxer. I have done it.
Cool man.Thanks.That will be my plan to use a 2005+ crown .Those chromag stems look good.
I definately have to hit up Windrock with your crew sometime.
You must be an icycle right now!

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Cool man.Thanks.That will be my plan to use a 2005+ crown .Those chromag stems look good.
I definately have to hit up Windrock with your crew sometime.
You must be an icycle right now!
You will like the direct mount stem. No more trying to straighten things out after a crash. I have used the SIC and E13 direct mount stems. Both are great. The E13 allows both diameters of bars with the same stem. Just something to think about.

And yes, we have been getting a foot of snow every night for the past few nights. 9 degrees this morning.