Quantcast

direction to crested butte

ELOC1TROUT

Chimp
Mar 16, 2004
:confused: could someone tell me the fastest way to crested butte from denver. I am coming from nebraska and we will be coming through late in the night thursday. thanks

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

fireman

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Boulder, CO
I drove the second of full truckers ways to crested butte last year, I had no problems what so ever in getting there, even though I had never done it before. basicly the directions are: take road 306 (a.k.a. cottonwood pass rd.) from buena vista, I belive that turns into road 209, take that to taylor park reservior, then take road 742 to road 813 to highway 135 to crested butte. I know that sounds complicated but it was very easy. I belive it saves about an hour. If you look at a map of the area the route becomes quite obvious. just get a map and look at it for yourself, don't trust me totaly on this.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
fireman said:
on second thought it might not be tha best way to drive late at night, as it is all on dirt roads through the woods.
:stupid: If you're not going to be doing the Cottonwood Pass route in daylight it will NOT save you any time.

Not to mention you'll have a much higher chance of an elk totalling your car. :D

During the day it can save you >1hr if you like to drive on washboard like a rally driver. <BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPP>

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
YAY! Audi GT Coupe! I want that car, hahaha.

Being that I'm from Colorado Springs, if I take 24 up to Buena Vista and then follow FullTrucker's route will that save me much time? What would be the fastest route from here?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
mtnbkr4235 said:
YAY! Audi GT Coupe! I want that car, hahaha.
Have you seen the UR-Quattros?

Being that I'm from Colorado Springs, if I take 24 up to Buena Vista and then follow FullTrucker's route will that save me much time? What would be the fastest route from here?
I would think the savings would be close to the same for a Denver or Springs departure.......

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
fireman said:
last year when I drove it it was soo smoth I counldn't belive it, I don't know how it happened.
You got on it <week after they graded it. Once the washboards get *really* nasty they run a grader over it. If you can get on it right after that it's almost like pavement.

It's almost never like that. :rolleyes:

But with all wheel drive the washboard can actually be fun! :D

Unless you get behind an Excursionator that *insists* on driving SMACK dab in the middle of the road on the way down.... no matter how many times I flashed my high beams at him. :mumble:

-S.S.-