Quantcast

Directions to Post Canyon

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
We were going to go ride Seymour Sunday but after calling Tim at the Huckwagon he won't be running the shuttle. I really want to go check out Post Canyon instead but I have never been there before. Any help with directions would be greatly appreciated! We plan on leaving first thing in the morning and coming back that night (Sunday).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i-84 to exit 62? i think. turn right off the ramp, and right again immediately. that road will double back along the freeway for about a half mile then turn left (south) up a small ridge. once up the ridge and heading south look for a green street sign for post canyon road or drive, something like that, on your right.

head down that road and you should see cars with racks, dogs, bikes, etc. parked. this is the base. leave a car here. to get to the top shuttle point you'll probably have to ask a local to show you -- without street names, which i don't know or remember, i'd just get you hopelessly lost. if you climb up from the base you can find some fun stuff (like "drop zone" or some variant on that name, which is where shuttles typically start from, heading up from there), however.

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
Toshi said:
i-84 to exit 62? i think. turn right off the ramp, and right again immediately. that road will double back along the freeway for about a half mile then turn left (south) up a small ridge. once up the ridge and heading south look for a green street sign for post canyon road or drive, something like that, on your right.

head down that road and you should see cars with racks, dogs, bikes, etc. parked. this is the base. leave a car here. to get to the top shuttle point you'll probably have to ask a local to show you -- without street names, which i don't know or remember, i'd just get you hopelessly lost. if you climb up from the base you can find some fun stuff (like "drop zone" or some variant on that name, which is where shuttles typically start from, heading up from there), however.
Thanks for the help! I was able to dig up directions off some crazy Oregon trail map website who's directions were very close to yours. Thanks again.
Kim

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
The name of the "other" road is Riordan(sp) Dr. If you go back to the main road that you'll access Post Canyon dr. from and head south about another mile you'll take a right on Riordan Dr to access Drop zone and everything higher up...
Hope this helps...

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Hey Toshi...
I am still rolling the Bronco... Kinda... It broke down at the 76 station at the top of exit 62 just this last Wed. but I got is fixed for 50 bucks... Damn I love old rigs, easy N cheap to work on.. Too bad I only get 10 miles per gallon.
I like what you've got there though. Bet thats fun to cruise around in...

Now so as to not totally hijack this thread....
I'm heqadin to PC tomorrow with a few others and we might be looking to share shuttle duties if any are interested..

Toshi, when will you be back in the area?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i'm kinda over budget on this whole car deal :sneaky: so i'm not even going to buy a sportworks t2 until next spring. no riding for me until then...