Quantcast

directions to SST

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Stay on I-5 the whole way til you get to the 200th street exit (#151)

At the light go forward staying on 200th st.
Go past International Blvd you'll head down a steep ass hill passing a federal prison, and some warehouses. At the very bottom of the hill take a left to a small gravel parking lot. Park here, stash goodies out of view, reports of crackhead smashing window alert.....
Anyways to make sure you get to the "flow" section...
head down the paved trail.
On the right you will pass by 3 singletrack entrances to varied trails
The third one has some goodies real close to the paved trail you might wanna explore that small run.
Ok now the fourth trail is a little wide and it slowly ascends up. avoid hanging a right on the few spurs to the right. you will come to an open field.
cross the feild and go to a road that heads north/south. You will know north/south since that's the directions the airplanes are going, believe me you will hear the airplanes....
ok so head left/south on the paved road.
you will come to a 4 way stay straight
the road comes to a t
take a left and go up the couldesac, as you climb up to the couldesac essentially all the "flow" area is to your right as you climb up.
if you wanna get some XC goin bring a compass and use the planes to get an idea of where you're at, just remember you're parked on the northeast corner of the area on 200th or eventually find the paved creek trail and head upstream and you'll be fine.
i'll likely be working on Monday otherwise i'd show you guys around early, but it's best if you get here around noonish to avoid heavy traffic.
good luck guys i hope you have a blast. :)

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Drive to the south end of Seatac airport (the south end of Tyee Golf course)
park in bottom of valley below federal detention center.
Ride along the paved path (SOUTH)
Cross the creek on the left at the first possible spot (Softies)(EAST)
OR
go to your right at this same spot, cross a field, see some port-a-potties(WEST)
go left on the road that the port a potties are on (SOUTH)
go straight until road ends(SOUTH)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
ioscope said:
Drive to the south end of Seatac airport (the south end of Tyee Golf course)
park in bottom of valley below federal detention center.
Ride along the paved path (SOUTH)
Cross the creek on the left at the first possible spot (Softies)(EAST)
OR
go to your right at this same spot, cross a field, see some port-a-potties(WEST)
go left on the road that the port a potties are on (SOUTH)
go straight until road ends(SOUTH)
Or better yet.
South of airport
Up the hill from the creek. :monkey:

oh by the way don't drink water from the creek, i used to wade in it when i was a kid, i've since grown an extra toe and testicle.

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
I'll show up around the 10 or 11am hour if that works for you. I work a swing shift, so I usually head out of there by 1pm. I only ride at the flowpark area though, no softies for me. I'll most likely be there even if you guys are not. Post later as to if you will make it out at that time so I can wait for you in the parking lot.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
its 88 miles from seattle to bellingham...figure about 75 minutes to seattle and another 20 minutes to SST.

when you park, make sure you hide everything that someone may want to steal from you....lots o broken windows there....just be smart and youll be fine :)

so you should be pulling in around 1030 or 11 and there shouldnt be to many people, or any at all there until after noon...enjoy!

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
allsk8sno said:
we will be coming from Bellingham, so however long that takes and leaving by 9am... at latest
You should be there around 1030 ish. I will be in the famous parking lot waiting. I drive a white toyota 4X4 and riding a red/polished bullit

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
oh yeah!! the main reason for this trip is riding!!
and we are goin up to visit joel(my brother) and his wife in bellingham

hopefully the dj park is rideable atleast on sunday i kinda want to hit it up..even if it is on my DH bike...

oh yeah and we will be in a gray subaru legacy wagon with a roof rack
and i was thinking about trying to park off site someplace but we'll check it out when we get there