Quantcast

DIRT has definitely been following the internet forums...

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Great idea, to make a confrontation of our, fanboy's visions/imagination with pros reality :)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Too bad Barel wasnt there as I remember he was one of the first guys to go with the wide bars and he seemed to use something crazy wide.

Also did cathro use flats or did it just look like it?

btw. I kinda see why the pros might want to use a bit higher rise bars as a large % of this years tracks are much steeper (or have steeper parts) than regular tracks we run. I think it may be one of the reasons why they dont run flats so often. Though it may be also to the fact that I see a lot of the pros just stick to the old stuff as long as it works. Another thing I noticed after switching frames is that with longer frames (and it seems a lot of the pros seem to go one size up) you need a bit narrower bars to feel comfortable (my 760 on my old long frame felt ~10mm too long while now I feel like I could even go for an extra 10mm)

Last edited:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
That was rad, mainly because I never really had a clue what width to set my wife up with. Turns out she's running crazy wide bars for a girl... Thinking about cutting them down for her.

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
btw. I kinda see why the pros might want to use a bit higher rise bars as a large % of this years tracks are much steeper (or have steeper parts) than regular tracks we run. I think it may be one of the reasons why they dont run flats so often. Though it may be also to the fact that I see a lot of the pros just stick to the old stuff as long as it works. Another thing I noticed after switching frames is that with longer frames (and it seems a lot of the pros seem to go one size up) you need a bit narrower bars to feel comfortable (my 760 on my old long frame felt ~10mm too long while now I feel like I could even go for an extra 10mm)
forgot which video it was from, dirt or freecaster, but i think CG was talking about how they raised their bar heights for ft william because of all the hole they are hitting at high speed. wasnt really paying attention, but i remember thinking it was interesting...if you want to find the video.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Yeah I remember that comments though Leov seems to have his bars/fork slammed.. My old high rise also felt a bit more normal on the steeper parts of the maribor trails.

TrailzHozer

Monkey
Jan 29, 2010
flats, as in flat bars
oops! sorry. Cathro is indeed running those flat bars now.

the foam on the end of Rachel bars is to help her grip the bars. She broke her pinky a few weeks ago (before the first WC). This way she doesn't have to bend her pinky as much.